Domhani Bairdéir 03

mleibrock

First Post
Skath

Skath will look for something to quickly hide behind and if there is nothing near, then he will make his way as high in the ceiling as possible and try to find a dark spot to hide in shadows.

OCC - I don't have my character with me, so I will post the roll tonight.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Skáth - Found Something!

Skáth flits quickly up into the shadows in the ceiling braces and tucks himself into a corner. He watches as to male guards - wearing House Maor livery - approach the door with a tray of food. The food is steaming and smells quite good, actually.

As they approach, the feeling of peace from within the room fades and is replaced by one of resolve.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Meanwhile, Back At The Awards Ceremony . . .

OOC:

Any thoughts from the party members upstairs? It's getting on to early evening, the award's been . . . well, awarded . . . and it will start to look a little suspicious if y'all stick around here much longer.

mleibrock

First Post
Mowgli said:
Skáth flits quickly up into the shadows in the ceiling braces and tucks himself into a corner. He watches as to male guards - wearing House Maor livery - approach the door with a tray of food. The food is steaming and smells quite good, actually.

As they approach, the feeling of peace from within the room fades and is replaced by one of resolve.

Can I see how the food is delivered from here? Do they open the door, I did not notice any slot for the food...

Also when the guards leave, can I see their faces?

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

OOC: Now that our business is concluded, I suppose the rest of us should withdraw to some safe place and await the return of Skath. How does that sound?

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

"We will start to arouse suspicion if we stay here longer, but I think we should at least lay eyes on the Maor while we are here. I should think that as representatives of the queen operating in his city, indeed his palace common courtesy requires us to put in a visit."

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

"Yes, Gavril, you are correct. And who knows what more we might learn from such a meeting, as well!" Calling for the nearest page, Cairn says, "Yes, please, where has the Maor gone now? The Queen's Bardeir would speak with him."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
First Encounter with Maor Clún

Leif said:
"Yes, Gavril, you are correct. And who knows what more we might learn from such a meeting, as well!" Calling for the nearest page, Cairn says, "Yes, please, where has the Maor gone now? The Queen's Bardeir would speak with him."

"If you'll follow me to the ante-chamber, I'll check his availability."

The earnest page leads you back into the main area of the house and to a pleasantly appointed waiting room, ensures you are comfortable, and disappears through the doors. About 5 minutes later he re-appears and bids you follow. He ushers you into a private dining room, where the Maor is dining with a woman of about his age. He is a small, dark complected man with a brooding, serious look about him. He's always had a reputation for deep thought and little humor - not really very likeable, but an excellent and capable ruler and a strong, outspoken supporter of the Queen since she took over Clún and Radharc. The woman with him is strikingly beautiful. She and the Maor are in their mid 40s, but she wears her age with pride and confidence (OOC: Think Raquel Welch in her 40s).

They have just finished their repast, and rise to greet the party as you enter.

"Welcome, sirs, madam. I am the Maor Clún, and this is my wife."

OOC: Female rulers in their own right are Maori, those who's husbands are the appointed rulers are Maora. Husbands of appointed Maori are Maore.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Skáth - Found Something!

mleibrock said:
Can I see how the food is delivered from here? Do they open the door, I did not notice any slot for the food...

Also when the guards leave, can I see their faces?

They make no effort to hide their faces as they are coming in, and are not wearing hoods - you get a good look. They approach the door with confidence, and do not hesitate as one lifts the bar and pulls the door outward . . .

OOC: You'll have to wait to see what happens - ;)

Remove ads