Domhani Bairdéir 03

Scotley

Hero
Gavril

With a glance at the others, Gavril asks, "Did anyone make them go away? Or were outside forces at work." He drops his blades and into their scabbards and examines his wound to see if he can do anything for it.

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

"I do wish that I could state that it was their mortal fear of the Justice that I mete out to such scoundrels that frightened them away. Alas, I confess: 't'weren't my doing!"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Cyr Speaks Up (via Mowgli) - Hope I Get It Right!

After standing rock still with his eyes closed for a moment, Cyr calmly returns his fighting claws to their place as back supports for his pack. Without turning back to the group, he speaks.

"I fear this attack was aimed at me, my friends. Cairn, who was born and raised in my home territory, may recall events from some years ago in which the (then) king's Keepers of the Dead were blamed for some of the country's misfortune and slain. I am their son, and to my shame I descended for a time into madness after their deaths. In my efforts for revenge, I called to me an ancient spirit. Sadly, once my revenge was meted out I was unable to banish that being and so had to bind it within my body to keep it from wreaking havoc on our world. It resides within me still, and occasionally manages to gain control of my body. It is generally well behaved as it depends on me for its continued existence, but is far more ruthless and practical than I. Anyway, the creature that attacked was this spirit's sister, transported somehow through time in an effort to destroy him - they have a long standing feud. I believe that she is only able to maintain herself in this time - far in her future - for very limited amounts of time."

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe

"Alas, I know all too well what it is like to be hunted by your sister, so I know how this spirit within you must feel. Perhaps there is something in the air in our home territory that affects the women thus? I don't imagine that some taint in the water would affect a spirt much.... At any rate, put all thoughts of blame far from you, friend Cyr. No harm has been done, and, more than this, we are duty- and honor-bound to assist our brother Bairdeir in his struggle."

mleibrock

First Post
Leif said:
"Alas, I know all too well what it is like to be hunted by your sister, so I know how this spirit within you must feel. Perhaps there is something in the air in our home territory that affects the women thus? I don't imagine that some taint in the water would affect a spirt much.... At any rate, put all thoughts of blame far from you, friend Cyr. No harm has been done, and, more than this, we are duty- and honor-bound to assist our brother Bairdeir in his struggle."

"Master Cairn, that is one of the most insightful thoughts you've ever had. Why is it the women here are so off. A Very good question!"

Leif

Adventurer
Cairn MacSidhe, On-Demand Misanthrope

mleibrock said:

"Master Cairn, that is one of the most insightful thoughts you've ever had. Why is it the women here are so off. A Very good question!"
OOC: Is Dilis giving Cairn the evil eye, yet?

"I trust that you do not hail from the same region as Cyr and I, then, Dilis? Your temperament is far more pleasant than that of my dear, twin sister!"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Dílis Aerach

"Indeed no. I was raised on the streets of Tearmann itself. But I've found that we all can turn nasty if we believe ourselves wronged. Of course, some of us just start out that way!"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Cyr Escunar

Scotley said:
Gavril welcomes whatever aid Cyr can render.

Cyr asks Gavril to lay down on his bed, and kneels at the swordsman's side.

"Normally I'd go through the complete ritual and save some effort at the expense of spending more time, but as we're due to head out in just a few hours . . . This will hurt somewhat."

He reaches out and hovers his hands over Gavril's wounded hip. Warm green light corruscates between hand and hip, and Gavril's back arches as he again feels the lash of his enemies chain. Cyr also spasms in pain, and the other Críu present note that blood begins to seep through his leggings in the same location that Gavril was wounded. The pain fades in an instant, and Gavril's leg is completely healed. Cyr sags to the floor of the dorm room.

"And now my friends, I must rest. This sort of healing is . . . difficult . . . and requires some recuperation afterward."

Remove ads