Pathfinder 2E Doomsday Dawn-How goes the playtest with the adventure?

Markh3rd

Explorer
Just wanted to hear from people how their live play is going. How smoothly does the game run? How are the classes panning out? How is GM'ing the new edition going? How do the players like it so far?

I haven't been able to do a playtest session yet so I am curious to hear from you guys and gals that have. Thanks!

zztong

Explorer
I've played first level stuff and made a bunch of characters. My quick opinion is the action system works well enough but character creation is unappealing.

Henry

Autoexreginated
So far, so good. Our group of 5 were overwhelmingly positive about the first adventure and their 1st level PCs. The hardest part about the whole thing so far has been getting used to the format of the new rules and organization.

It probably took me about 5 hours to make my first PC, but the second and third ones so far took about half an hour each. I made a level 4 PC to test, and it took about an hour (had to get used to the new magic items). As I retain locations of sections and become more familiar, it gets a little faster each time.

Next up is chapter 2, and we're making 4th level PCs for it. Really curious to see how this is received, because there are some real stress tests in this part for an unprepared group.

Remove ads