Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Axel

First Post
Mhairi smiles at Ignatius. "Sounds like a plan! We're already lost, so any direction is as good as any other."

She moves over to the lever and rests her hand on it. "Ready," she asks before pulling it hard.

Dr Simon

Explorer
There is a sensation of movement again, and the corridor of freaky murals vanishes in a blur. Moments later, as the movement shudders to a stop, it is back, but this time it points in the opposite direction.

[sblock=OOC]
I can't do layers at the moment, but hopefully you get the idea.

Arkona Dungeon xx.jpg
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: You could keep us oriented now by using numbers and arrows. Our current room is marked by number 5. Highest positioned number above the door (you could mark that by an arrow). I've copied both images and keep them together oriented same way - helps me recognize the rooms :)

After a quick check, Edmond marks the room with the chests with #3, but only above the door, he doesn't risk taking the chests, thinks for a moment and then marks the lever room with #2.
"I think the passage behind the lever is where that first level was when we entered. This opened and that room with the statues disappeared."Labirint.png

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=OOC]Well, between my own limitations and the pace of the game I'm completely lost but that's totally OK with me. Manachan's not stupid, but he's far from the brightest in the group. He's letting the smarter folks figure out the maze while he watches out for danger and looks good :lol:

This is in no way intended as a criticism of the game's pace - it suits me fine as is! Just a remark that the pace makes it hard for me to keep the details straight without going back and reading the thread again.[/sblock]

Neurotic

"Roll us again, Mhairri. There is no sense in wondering around the halls until we know at least something about levers. There has to be finite number of combinations."

Edmond chalks down a quick map, just lines going out of the room and then waits for the next turn.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mhairi pulls the lever, and nothing happens.

"Wait a bit," says Vencarlo, and so you do. After about a minute there is a tiny "click" from the lever, and Vencarlo gives Mhairi a nod. She pulls it again. Somewhere a bell rings, there is the now familiar sound of distant mechanics mocing and the sensation of movement. The corridor of disturbing murals vanishes as walls blur by, and when the movement stops, there is just a blank wall.

A brief bit of exploration, however, shows that a new corridor has appeared off the symbol room - a long wide corridor with no obvious exit. The walls are covered in stuffed tiger's heads, all the way along, from floor to ceiling.

[sblock=OOC]
NP, Mowgli. Confusion is what this section is supposed to create, so I guess its working! These kind of exploration/investigation scenarios are always trickier to keep track of in PbP at the best of times.

Arkona Labyrinth 8.jpg

Think I got that at the same orientation...
[/sblock]

Neurotic

And we can conclude that we're in the middle part which rotates and opens up different parts of the labirynth. Do we have a feeling of going up and down? Or just the rotation?

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatiius plays some detecto magico with the stuffed tigers heads. In fact, given the strange magical wall and all the glyphs, he has come to the conclusion that today would be a good day to try out using that ability all the time. Certainly in a labyrinth they are not going to be moving quickly, so invoking the magic over and over should not be a problem.

Remove ads