Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: I do not have resistance. I do have virtue though, to soak up a sliver of the damage, ;) . And resist energy, if we can figure out what it does after a few mishaps.

Last edited:

Dr Simon

Explorer
"Is this wise?" says Vencarlo upon entering the room with the chests. "In my, admittedly limited, experience, almost everything in here is certain to be a trap. Would it not be more prudent to simply find a way out?"

The room looks exactly as it did before - three small chests lined along one wall, on the other a circular design of tigers forming rings around a red gem set in the wall.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Wise or not, we're not here only to get you out, but to find another man lost in here. Now, we can point you in the direction we think the exit is. Now that we know which settings turns are where it is just a matter of playing with the lever until you get to another lever and turning it.

As for the chests, maybe there are traps, but it could also be Arcona treasure. I don't feel bad at all taking their unjustly acquired riches for the good of the prople."

Axel

First Post
Mhairi grinned. "I'm fine with taking all their money too. Practical experience says that they probably won't have chests of coins hidden away. Aristocrats like the Arcona's keep their wealth in land mostly. And art. Supposed to stop people breaking in and stealing it, I guess."

Moving toward the small room with the chests, she added, "If none of you big tough hero types will, I'll go take a look."

ooc: Thoroughly examining the area for traps. Start with the door frame, then the tiger, then each chest. Will keep to the side of the tiger until it is examined. Perception +12 for trapfinding.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Vencarlo glances at Edmond and squints as if concentrating.

"Of course. Neolandus; he's why I came here in the first place. I haven't seen him down here, but then I can't say I've been everywhere in this maze." He moves over and looks over Mhairi's shoulder. The chests are all identical, simple wooden coffers bound in bronze, but each one bears some writing in cursive script on the top.

"My Vudran is a bit rusty," says Vencarlo, "but let me see... from left to right, something about "a gentle touch", the middle one says, I think, "Death without, Life within". Or perhaps the other way around. And the one on the right ... "Breathe deeply your" ... hmm... could be "end" or perhaps "salvation""

Mhairi notes that the leftmost chest has a very faint sheen to it, as if it has an extra layer of varnish. Otherwise there is nothing else about the room that draws her eye as a possible trap. Except the whole set-up, of course.

Axel

First Post
Indicating the left hand chest, Mhairi says, "This one is too shiny. Like it was polished too hard, or it has a contact poison all over it. Can one of you talented magic types take a look? I don't know the slightest about magic..."

Kaodi

Hero
"As far as I can tell the gem is magical but the chests are not," says Ignatius. "I have a feeling I will one day be able to administer healing to poisonous afflictions, but unless it is in your bread or wine I cannot do much about it right now. Sorry."

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Here, you know better what you need, I'll hold the weight, you use the blade."
Edmond comes behind Mhairi and puts the blade of his weapon next to the chest, holding the heavy weapon by the end of the shaft.

Remove ads