Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Dr Simon

Explorer
Using the blade of Deathwail, Mhairi is able to scrape away enough of some dark resinous substance so that she can manipulate the locking mechanism and open the chest without touching whatever it is.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Here, take this." Edmond covers Mhairi with his cloak before moving away from the chest.
OOC: cloak of resistance +1

Edmond waits at the entrance, just outside of the room.

Axel

First Post
"Thanks Ed, just what I wanted. A sweaty cloak. And I can hold your pointy stick by myself, thank you. What do I look like? Some helpless woman who can't see her toes for her boobs?! I got a new bath built for you. For all the gods sake, use it for more than spying on me when I'm in it. Don't think I don't notice..."

Grunting and sighing in combination, Mhairi returns the big "pointy stick" before attempting to open the chest with the tip other rapier.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Never one for light talk, Edmond blushes, his eyes flashing in rainbow colors as he retreats hands sparking on the shaft of Deathwail.
"I just wanted to protect you. Like always. You're still in danger, I'm not treating you like some fragile princess."

Axel

First Post
Seeing Edmond blush Mhairi immediately regrets her outburst. She gives him a quick peck on the cheek, adding "Sorry Ed. I didn't mean to embarrass you. I do know you're doing the best you can. Try to find a girlfriend or two before the end of the year though, hey? She'll help you come out of your skin, so to speak..."

Dr Simon

Explorer
The chest is locked, but a quick study shows that it is not otherwise trapped, and Mhairi is able to pick the lock easily enough. Inside, it's empty.

Axel

First Post
Disappointed, Mhairi rocked back on her heels. "Well, that was s monumental waste of time. But like building this labyrinth, really. Want me to try the other ones?"

Axel

First Post
Sighing loudly, Mhairi turned her attention to the middle chest. Beginning with a thorough inspection from close range. Then an attempt to open the chest with her rapier.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mhairi checks the chest. No sign of traps that she can see. Again the lock yields to her expertise and he opens the lid with the tip of her rapier.

Snake in a box! A surprisingly large cobra rears up and darts towards her.

[roll0]

Remove ads