• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Dr Simon

Explorer
Edmond reacts quickly to the snake's sudden appearance, and a burst of colurs appears in the room. The snake pauses, swaying as it watches the lights dancing before it.

[sblock=OOC]
The spell affects 11 HD of creatures within a 10 ft. burst - the snake accounts for 2, so if Mhairi has 9 or fewer HD she needs to make a Will DC 15 save or become fascinated as well.

Although if Mhairi's initiative is higher, she might do something that renders this moot.
Otherwise, Manachan up next.
[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Initiative: 1d20+5=16

Startled and off balance, Mhairi is caught by surprise as the snake raised its head.

She is more surprised by the burst of colour in front of her face, shaking off the desire to stare at the intricate patterns within patterns only by a great effort of will.

Her head whips around, to where the guys are hanging out with an accusatory look.

Will save: 1d20 + 2 = 21 Phew!

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]
Manachan smiles at Vencarlo's logic, and nods enthusiastically. "Mhairi, look out!" When the snake appears, any thoughts about the lady's reaction to Edmund's chivalry fly from Manachan's mind and he leaps forward, a closed fist slamming into the cobras head just as the warrior-mage's pretty lights come sparkling to life.
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]Initiative (1d20+6=23)
Attack (1d20+7=24)
Damage (1d6+2=6)[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
"I've... never seen a man punch a snake before," says Vencarlo with wry amusement. Manachan's strike hits the snake hard, snapping the creature back but also breaking the hold of the hypnotic pattern. It rears again and flares its hood, ready to strike.

[sblock=OOC]
Mhairi can get in attack on it first, and possibly Ignatius can do something if he gets initiative.
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: I think Mowgli was operating on assumption that Manachan could punch the snake before Edmond's pattern went off? His initiative was higher, at 23. Also, I did roll my initiative a couple posts up: 19.

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: So you did; I got Ignatius' initiative of 19 confused with Manachan's. So Ignatius can act next. I'll leave the sequence as it is for now - it probably won't change a lot, to be honest; also my reading of the positioning is that Edmond was in the doorway, with Manachan, Ignatius and Vencarlo behind. If things go severaly pear-shaped I'll reconsider, but I suspect between Ignatius and Mhairi, both of whom have initiative on the snake, you should be able to take care of it.

Remove ads