Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: So, in theory, we can just climb up and slide down? assuming the thing doesn't close up on us?

Neurotic

OOC: I'm complicating things...two standard actions for two teleports. If there is some terrible calamity seen coming, I'll even spend my daily quick cast to get out. Hopefully Mhairri gets out safely.

Edmond frowns at the statue.

"Mharri, I'm going to move us out of here. Don't resist please, we're going magic way."

Edmond casts two spells one after another. He sends Mharri to the end of the hall and then follows.

Axel

First Post
ooc: [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] Entirely unnecessary! DC15 Acrobatics is an "anything but a 1" check for Mhairi. :) She might not be able to see out, at 5 feet tall, but that means she can roll through the top opening easily. I'll type up her action as though she's getting herself out in a minute.

Axel

First Post
"Oh Ed! I never thought you had it in you, to touch me there. And in the dark, too!" Mhairi smirks, knowing the poor man would be bright red with discomfort.

"See," her voice says from several feet above the floor (Acrobatics trap escape, DC15: 1d20+14 20, "I'm a big girl, and I can look after myself."

Dropping down the other side, she continued, "If I always waited for a big strong man to rescue me, I'd be a used up old whore by now." Smiling sadly, she finished "Though I am not sure being stuck in a trap in a labyrinth is necessarily better. It is certainly a lot less fun..."

Neurotic

"I know you can take care of yourself. But we don't know if there are more traps..." Edmond casts his spell and teleports ahead.
"Forget it. You'll rush to your death with same gusto as rolling over some old traps. Or young man."

Edmond speaks in his usual morose tone, it is hard to tell which, if any, of his grumblins are lighthearted.

OOC: single teleport then.

Kaodi

Hero
Gritting his teeth something fierce, a whirlwind of sparking smoke surrounds Ignatius legs in an instant. The ifrit grabs Manachan's hand and flies up to the top of the fountain and away from the whirling mass of steely death. Once he has found somewhere relatively safe he attempts to do something about the wounds he has suffered.

OOC: Swift action to go genie, move action to, uh, move, and standard to cast probably a 2nd level healing spell. If the whole action is possible I will roll for amount on my next post.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Mhairi climbs out of the trap, Edmond teleports out, both in the nick of time as the second maiden opens and spears shoot out, jabbing repeatedly into the space they have just left. Meanwhile, Ignatius pulls Manachan up away from the spinning blades. These continue to spin for a few more seconds before sliding back into the base of the fountains. The spears in the maiden traps continue to rattle away for a bit longer, before that trap too resets, the corridor slabs dropping back into position again. Strange clicking a whirring sounds continue behind the scenes.

On top of all this, there is the familiar sound of a distant bell and grinding, although there is no sensation of movement in this part of the labyrinth.

Remove ads