Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Irori says the pain strengthens us. But we're not to seek it out deliberately. This is good example of making us stronger."

After the initial shock, Edmond speaks normally and keeps himself erect, but there is definitely tightness in his movements as he looks into the northern tunnel. He keeps Deathwail defensively in front.

OOC: +2 AC due to expertise until further notice.

Axel

First Post
Straightening up, Mhairi thumps the mural where her face is in frustration. "I don't care much what the gods say. But the bastards that built this place have a twisted sense of humour," she says with gritted teeth, almost spitting the words out. "Look!"

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius smiles through clenched teeth. "I am not so familiar with the symbol of - pain," says the ifrit, eyes flaring, "But perhaps I could attempt to - unravel - the magic."

OOC: Spellcraft: 1d20+10=13 . Ignatius has dispel magic, though counter-spelling might be something that can be put off until we need those penalties gone.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ignatius has a feeling that he's heard somewhere that, whilst a symbol can be removed by a targeted dispel, the effects once triggered cannot (much like a healing spell but in reverse).

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ignatius opens the door onto a small room with three chests lined up against one wall. Each chest is carved with the tiger motif that is becoming predicatable, and has some writing on the top in the elaborately curled Vudran script.

On the wall opposite the chests the entire wall is carved with a spiralling line of tigers, that head outwards from a large green gem, itself carved in the likeness of a tiger's head, set in the centre of the wall. To Ignatius' sight, the gem radiates magic, the chests do not.

[sblock=OOC]
Arkona Labyrinth 5.jpg
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
Pointing to the gem, Ignatius says, "Bad news, I think. Whatever is in these chests is probably not worth setting it off right now."

Axel

First Post
"That's like saying it's not worth going into a dragon's lair, Ignatius," Mhairi pipes up. "The idea is to not trigger the trap. Though...if it's magical there's probably a snowflake's chance in hell if me being able to disable it with my hand shaking like this." She holds her hand out, palm to the floor, to demonstrate.

"I'll see what's up here, round the corner," she finishes, walking cautiously away from the chest room.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Past the murals of the beast-gods tormenting humanoid figures that look suspiciously like Mhairi and her friends, the hallway turns into an empty room, with a closed door leading away. Another runic symbol is etched onto the floor of this room.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We should go around with our eyes closed, given the abundance of helpful signs." Edmond comments pointing to the symbol.
"And with that gem on the wall, who is to say that chests aren't just a lure without any treasure. Lets explore a bit, hopefully we can get back to it at some point. Even if we get lost in the labyrinth, once we're out of it we can enter from the top and immediately get here."

Remove ads