Dr. Si's Curse of the Crimson Throne - Escape From Old Korvosa

Kaodi

Hero
Ignatius examines the rune for a moment to determine whether it is in fact magical before following Edmond's suggestion for skirting it. The pounding in his head does not help, but he presses up against the wall, closes his eyes, and does the best he can to move forward.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Let me try something stupid. Prepare for a fight or to get me out of the way."

Edmond wraps his weapon in a strip off his blanket and wets it with some water.
"Protection from fire." he comments.

Edmond extends Deathwail into the room, careful not to look at the symbol on the floor, but keeping an eye on the chests and the gem. Holding his weapon at the very end, he waves its red blade in front of the gem, ready to quickly snatch it back.

OOC: with long weapon I think Edmond can reach enough inside the room? If we include arm length?

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Can I just check which symbols are being referred to here? I think Edmond is going to poke the tigers encircling a gem thing in the room with the chests. Is Ignatius using detect magic on the other symbol, down the corridor with the murals (top left of the map)? Or the same?

Arkona Labyrinth 5.jpg

Kaodi

Hero
OOC: Yes, Ignatius does use detect magic first but I am kind of assuming it is magical, thus his actions attempting to move around it.

Neurotic

OOC: Edmond will NOT poke anything at least not at first. He will wave the weapon in front of the crystal as if that is some kind of camera, trying to get the watchers to notice.

Only then he will touch the crystal - nothing else. Leave the sleeping tigers lie kind of thing :)

Dr Simon

Explorer
Nothing happens when Edmond waves his guisarme in front of the gem, And nothing further when he touches it. Whatever it is, surprisingly perhaps it doesn't appear to be trap. Or at least not one that acts immediately...

Meanwhile, down the corridor, Mhairi and Ignatius skirt the suspicious symbol. Ignatius glances at it and ...
it suddenly bursts into glowing life, filling them with weariness.

[sblock=OOC]
Will saves (DC 20) for Mhairi and Ignatius please!

Arkona Labyrinth 6.jpg
[/sblock]

Kaodi

Hero
"Can I just go to sleep now..." groans Ignatius.

OOC: url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4631291/]Will: 1d20+4=8[/url]

Neurotic

"Hey, don't you know that separating from the group is bad tactics in the labyrinth?!"
Edmond hurries after his comrades.
"Ignatius, would covering the symbols physically help against their magic? If we see one from afar, one can close his eyes and move blindly by instructions until it is covered."

Remove ads