• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragon Magazine #337 details?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
*raises his eye brow* More powerful than outsiders?! WTF?! In any case I am even MORE interested in this article than I was previously.

James,

Any mention of the relationships between Zuggy and Iggy, if any?

Keith,

Thanks for the insights. It's been very helpful for my character and probably will help my DM too. (Course I think he and possibly myself reserve the right to destroy a plane if we both feel like it. But there you are). Just one further clarification, by powers would any of them be celestial in origin, specifically, the couatls? I ask because I'm also an assimar githzerai (well descendent of that race but not a true assimar), so if they were against it, I might reconsider that goal.

Hellcow

Adventurer
Nightfall said:
Course I think he and possibly myself reserve the right to destroy a plane if we both feel like it. But there you are).
Of course - that's how it should be. I'm just telling you MY opinion. In my mind, if it could be destroyed it would be like those tales where death is trapped and now the sick and injured can't die. Madness seems like a curse, but what happens when it is gone? Do artists find that they have no inspiration, because they unknowingly drew their wildest ideas from a psychic link to Xoriat? In a sense, it's also like saying "Could the Astral Plane be destroyed?" Perhaps, but what would it mean for the rest of reality?

But it's ALWAYS up to you and your DM.

Nightfall said:
Just one further clarification, by powers would any of them be celestial in origin, specifically, the couatls?
I don't understand the question. With that said, the couatls are celestials, yes... native celestials, but as shown by the Lords of Dust native outsiders can have a little more oomph in Eberron.

Hellcow

Adventurer
takasi said:
Keith, where is the best place to ask questions about the Age of Worms conversion notes? Is there any place where you've already answered questions? If someone posted a thread on the Paizo boards is there any chance you might stop by from time to time to check it out?
There's a chance, but I do already spend too much time online as it is, and it's hard to monitor lots of different boards. Really, the best place is the Ask Keith thread on the WotC boards. So far, I don't think there's anywhere that I've answered a lot of questions.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Keith don't worry I take your opinion with not much salt ie near gospel for Eberron. As it should be. :)

Hellcow said:
I'd certainly call it an epic challenge, and I'd say researching the techniques the giants used to sever Dal Quor is probably the best approach - but with the potential backlash of the action, you might find all sorts of powers allied to stop such destruction.

That's what I mean by powers, Keith. I meant any SPECIFIC powers in Eberron or just generally speaking?

Mercule

Adventurer
Well, I think between the "Lords of Dust" and "Magic Items in the Free City" articles, I'm sold. That'll make either 2 for 2 or 2 for 3. Looks like things are getting interesting, again.

And, Erik, the religions articles are definitely a selling point. I don't run Greyhawk, but I'd love to see the presentation on a few deities, just for ideas.

qstor

Adventurer
Mercule said:
And, Erik, the religions articles are definitely a selling point. I don't run Greyhawk, but I'd love to see the presentation on a few deities, just for ideas.

I believe Erik mentioned that over the next year, they're doing a series of articles on the core gods in the PHB, how much Greyhawk lore they can throw in I'm not sure of but the articles should give a little more fluff to the gods, some of which haven't seen a lot of write up apart from small mention in 2e sources and the LGG.

Mike

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads