Dragon Roots Magazine DIDN'T sell the 4e Killed Gary shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
For the record, Dragon Roots Magazine did not sell or wear the, "4e killed Gary," t-shirts. I got a lot of e-mails from people thinking it was our booth, but it was not us.

We did sell shirts, but it was not those ones. It had our in tribute of Gary art from our Issue #1 cover art on the front and the offical GenCon logo along with a quote from Gary "Roll high, Game long" (which was the quote winner from our Gary quote contest we held after he passed away) on the back.

We do have a few left over if people are interested in a purchase but we didn't have anything to do with th, "4e killed Gary," t-shirts. I'm not sure how the rumor got spread, but it wasn't us.

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
For the record, Dragon Roots Magazine did not sell or wear the, "4e killed Gary," t-shirts. I got a lot of e-mails from people thinking it was our booth, but it was not us.

We did sell shirts, but it was not those ones. It had our in tribute of Gary art from our Issue #1 cover art on the front and the offical GenCon logo along with a quote from Gary "Roll high, Game long" (which was the quote winner from our Gary quote contest we held after he passed away) on the back.

We do have a few left over if people are interested in a purchase but we didn't have anything to do with th, "4e killed Gary," t-shirts. I'm not sure how the rumor got spread, but it wasn't us.
Were there any concrete evidence of such a shirt?

You better make sure your company trademark cannot be easily counterfeited and used in such a distastefully creative manner.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Were there any concrete evidence of such a shirt?

You better make sure your company trademark cannot be easily counterfeited and used in such a distastefully creative manner.

From what I can tell, and it is a hard mystery to unravel after the fact, but I think someone was talking about us on one thread and then someone mentioned the 4e killed Gary shirts and assumed that we were apart of it since the thread began about us. From what I can tell, this is were it started and it spread quickly to several other sites. Which sucks, because it is very hard to clean up after everyone gets a chance to splatter the news wherever they want.

I did see some people walking around with those shirts and I did see the booth they sold them at and I can assure you that the shirts did not have our logo on them and we had nothing to do them.

sjmiller

Explorer
I saw a group of folks wearing that particular shirt. It appeared to be one entire gaming group. They stopped by my booth to look at our products, which is the only reason why I know the shirts existed. Very busy convention otherwise. I didn't even get a chance to stop by your booth. :(

DM-Rocco

Explorer
I saw a group of folks wearing that particular shirt. It appeared to be one entire gaming group. They stopped by my booth to look at our products, which is the only reason why I know the shirts existed. Very busy convention otherwise. I didn't even get a chance to stop by your booth. :(

We had a last minute chance to go to GenCon so I didn't get a chance to advertise. Depending on what listing you looked at, we were in booth #1602 or not listed at all. I learned a ton about GenCon and what I should do rather than what we did. I think next year will rock because we won't have all the overhead of this trip. Instead of the $1200 we had to spend on a 10 x 10 we are signed up for author's row, which is only $150. This will be our biggest improvement since we can relax and enjoy the show more without having to cut our arms off to pay for the show.

What booth were you in and what did you sell?

Aus_Snow

First Post
Yeah, so unbelievably far beyond tasteless. . .

Anyway, great to hear it wasn't you guys. Not that I really thought it would've been, but it's good to have it confirmed. Well, denied. You know what I mean. :)

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Yeah, so unbelievably far beyond tasteless. . .

Anyway, great to hear it wasn't you guys. Not that I really thought it would've been, but it's good to have it confirmed. Well, denied. You know what I mean. :)

Yeah, I got home to over 100 e-mails thinking it was us and it was mind numbing to return them all and explain it wasn't. The post on enworld was taken on faith and later disbuted, at least on some of the other threads on other forums I could point to the exact place where the subject changed and say, "see, that wasn't us, they are talking about others."

Traycor

Explorer
I can't remember what board I saw it on, but I saw the thread where the rumor started. Someone speculated that it was your company's booth and it all just blew up from there.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
I can't remember what board I saw it on, but I saw the thread where the rumor started. Someone speculated that it was your company's booth and it all just blew up from there.

Yes, that sounds like how it started from what I can nail down. I was hoping it wouldn't spread to ENWorld but here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads