Dragon Roots Magazine DIDN'T sell the 4e Killed Gary shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wonka

First Post
To be honest, I didn't want to bring it up, since I wasn't there, but from what I heard, your booth sounds far more offensive to me than these t-shirts. Using someone's death to make a statement about something you don't like and feel they wouldn't like is one thing. I don't find it any more offensive than saying "so and so would be rolling over in their grave at this." But setting up a booth to sell merchandise with their face and seemingly nothing else, using a funeral to draw people to your booth, selling t-shirts and magazines and doing everything you can to put your brand name next to a dead man's face offends me. And just because it's sentimental and not shocking doesn't make it any better.

But that's your choice, you don't think it's wrong to do, and it's your right. The 4e Killed Gary shirts play to the same audience, they just use shock over sentiment.

Soooo, let me get this straight. You're offended by someone selling items in remembrance of a figure respected by many, but take no offense to someone making tshirts mocking said person? Ok! Whatever works for you! If those people SOLD the shirts in question would you take offense? Would it be ok to sell shirts mocking him but not to sell shirts honoring him?

Last edited:

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Thread closed. I think the OP has gotten his message out, and the rest of the discussion is going downhill quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads