Dragonlance [Dragonlance/Faerun] Anyone here met any Cataclysm/Wall of the Faithless defenders?

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
I mean, to be fair, there is a long tradition of "if the afterlife is better than Life, why do people want to live" and I think that was where they were wanting to go, but the fact that Kelemvor clearly doesn't agree with this guy saying that he deserves a reward shows how flawed the logic is to start with.
Sure, but never to an extent that people stopped avoiding death in droves.

The whole just paints Kelemvor as kinda dumb and easily confused.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I mean... I think he was a fighter, so dumping INT would be realistic :p
Kelemvor's stats as a mortal are given in FRE1 Shadowdale, FRE2 Tantras, and FRE3 Waterdeep, with his ability scores being the following: Str 17, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 14.

His stats as a god can be found in Faiths & Pantheons, where his ability scores are Str 40, Dex 28, Con 31, Int 24, Wis 34, Cha 31.

Please note my use of affiliate links in this post.

Last edited:

Chaosmancer

Legend
Kelemvor's stats as a mortal are given in FRE1 Shadowdale, FRE2 Tantras, and FRE3 Waterdeep, with his ability scores being the following: Str 17, Dex 16, Con 18, Int 15, Wis 13, Cha 14.

His stats as a god can be found in Faiths & Panthens, where his ability scores are Str 40, Dex 28, Con 31, Int 24, Wis 34, Cha 31.

Please note my use of affiliate links in this post.

I was making a joke man. But thank you for the official stats. Now we know he was too smart to fall for that crap.

Iry

Hero
I am only aware of two Mystras, but there being a middle one implies at least three. What am I missing? EDIT: Seems like @Iry was counting Mystryl as "a" Mystra.
It's a Candlekeep thing. Mystryl, Mystra, and Midnight are sometimes just called Mystra with a descriptor like "first" or "middle" or "third" to separate them. Mostly for newer posters who might have no idea who Mystryl or Midnight are (by name, anyway).

MikalC

Explorer
It is very hard to be atheist in a fantasy world where clerics can turn undeads and can heal by means of divine magic.

I think the faithless wall is an unjust fate for people who worshipped deities who were real in the past, but now they are "in the other side". There was even one feat about the cult of dead gods in the 3.5 Forgotten Realm sourcebook about the ancient empires.

Adon was a cleric who lost the faith, but later he recovered it, or at least he accepted Mystra as patron
I say it again: The demiplane of the dread may be a more interesting fate for the walls trapped in the wall.
Why would it be hard? Gods are just powerful beings who’ve co-opted the concept of true divinity. They’re super juiced up warlock patrons. Any sorcerer with the right background, or bards, or even druids can do most of what a cleric can do.
One can easily play an atheistic character in dnd if that’s the mindset they use.
Especially in the FR realm where mortals have historically become gods by... becoming extremely powerful.

MikalC

Explorer
I always wonder why folks have an issue with the Cataclysm. This is pretty much straight up Bible stories being brought into D&D, same as Goldmoon and the Disks of Mishakal. This is the Flood story told from a fantasy POV. Mankind gets too big for its britches, the higher power slaps them down, killing lots and lots of them in the process, things start over.

This is hardly a new story.
Because it’s logically stupid based on the background? It makes the “good” “loving” powers into abusive jerks who like to torture those of lesser power?
So... yeah. Just like Bible stories. 😆

nevin

Hero
ok if you read myths almost all of the gods suck from a mortal perspective. The gods in Faerun and most fantasy games at least have good gods along with all the gods of other alignments. But yes in many ways they are no different from really high powered mortals. In some cases they are mortals who ascended, just like in the myths. some of em are crazy, some of em only care about themselves, some of them view mortals as tools to get naughty word done. That's the point. It's a world full of good and evil and some stuff is just freaking wrong and hero's rise up to do something about it. Either don't play in Faerun or have games where you support the gods like Lathander that want to change the way it runs. You might as well complain about how evil Orcs are and why would the dev's do that?

now if you want to go on about the stupidity of AO showing up and being the "Overgod" to balance things I'm all in to bitch about that

Remove ads