• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragonlance DRAGONLANCE LIVES! Unearthed Arcana Explores Heroes of Krynn!

The latest Unearthed Arcana has arrived and the 6-page document contains rules for kender, lunar magic, Knights of Solamnia, and Mages of High Sorcery. In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore character options from the Dragonlance setting. This playtest document presents the kender race, the Lunar Magic sorcerer subclass, the Knight of Solamnia and Mage of High Sorcery backgrounds, and a...

The latest Unearthed Arcana has arrived and the 6-page document contains rules for kender, lunar magic, Knights of Solamnia, and Mages of High Sorcery.

Dragonlance.jpg

In today’s Unearthed Arcana, we explore character options from the Dragonlance setting. This playtest document presents the kender race, the Lunar Magic sorcerer subclass, the Knight of Solamnia and Mage of High Sorcery backgrounds, and a collection of new feats, all for use in Dungeons & Dragons.

Kender have a (surprisingly magical) ability to pull things out of a bag, and a supernatural taunt feature. This magical ability appears to replace the older 'kleptomania' description -- "Unknown to most mortals, a magical phenomenon surrounds a kender. Spurred by their curiosity and love for trinkets, curios, and keepsakes, a kender’s pouches or pockets will be magically filled with these objects. No one knows where these objects come from, not even the kender. This has led many kender to be mislabeled as thieves when they fish these items out of their pockets."

Lunar Magic is a sorcerer subclass which draws power from the moon(s); there are notes for using it in Eberron.

Also included are feats such as Adepts of the Black, White, and Red Robes, and Knights of the Sword, Rose, and Crown.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I am not totally surprised with the UA, but I din't guess it would be now.

The cavalier/knight class would perfect in Dragonlance. I imagine something like the class from Pathfinder, but with some little touch of the 3.5 crusader, the martial adept from "Tome of Battle: Book of the nine Swords".

Here the retcon about the mages of the high sorcery was justified.

How should be the lore about the gullys?

* About the kender ace trait. If a character use the gold coins to buy something, and later these coins disappear, then it would be practically scam. Other point is if this gift could be used for smuggling, or to hide the picklock you would need to escape from the cage.
gullies?

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
I hate it. Because the PHB says you can build your own background but granting a feat is obviously much better than a regular background feature. So then every sane player should build a background that grants a feat. In addition, what happens to feat-granting backgrounds in a game where the DM doesn't allow feats but otherwise thinks this background is interesting?

And I am even a huge fan of feats, and think there's always room for more.
I can see how that would be a problem for some, and I sympathize. But I don't play in featless games.

Remove ads

Remove ads