Dragonlance Dragonlance Shadow of the Dragon Queen shows up in the wild!

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
I am not making a statement about 4e, only that all threads end up as 4e threads, in time.
In fairness, I probably got that ball rolling here, though I wasn't the one to name it first. I am quite content to say nothing further on the subject and get back to the old argument about whether it is sensible that we make sharp and vehement distinctions between the two color-coded five-headed god-queens of all evil-aka-chromatic dragons who oppose their platinum-scaled brothers that are the god-kings of all good-aka-metallic dragons. If we think that would be more productive, anyway! :p

Found them.
Vuhb1J9.png
Very flavorful, but I have to ask: does this seem like an "average" difficulty encounter against a party of 19th level PCs?
It's okay, it's nice... I really love the built in chill touch/no healing bit... but I am a little underwelmed...

dave2008

Legend
Very flavorful, but I have to ask: does this seem like an "average" difficulty encounter against a party of 19th level PCs?
A 19 CR solo monster, by the numbers, should be a challenge for (4) PCs in the 8-10 range. IIRC, that is where this adventure ends.

FYI, also by the numbers, Soth is a "Medium" encounter for (4) 19th lvl PCs. As a reminder a Medium encounter is:

" A medium encounter usually has one or two scary moments for the players, but the characters should emerge victorious with no casualties. One or more of them might need to use healing resources."

Last edited:

Reynard

Legend
It's okay, it's nice... I really love the built in chill touch/no healing bit... but I am a little underwelmed...
I am also underwhelmed -- not from a power standpoint, but because they don't give him anything interesting to do. He should be loaded up with commander and battlefield manipulation abilities -- preferably as reactions, bonus action and legendary actions to make sure is is also still beating heroes to death. 5E still drags behind MCDM, LevelUp and even DMsGuild monster books in making combatants fun to play and fun to fight.

I am also underwhelmed -- not from a power standpoint, but because they don't give him anything interesting to do. He should be loaded up with commander and battlefield manipulation abilities -- preferably as reactions, bonus action and legendary actions to make sure is is also still beating heroes to death. 5E still drags behind MCDM, LevelUp and even DMsGuild monster books in making combatants fun to play and fun to fight.
yes giving him more 'toys' for intresting ideas would have been better.

Remove ads