• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dragons DR/magic=no Dragon DR

Particle_Man

Explorer
KaeYoss said:

Don't you guys ever tire of that one? Sure, the FR are high-magic,...(snip)

Never!!! Come to Kalamar! Come to Midnight! It's not too late! Reject the Dark Side, Anakin!!! :D :D :D

Anyhow, things to do with loads of cash that don't involve magic items. Well, there is hiring and maintaining a huge mercenary army, there are political bribes, there are religious bribes (er...donations), there are frankly all the things that very very rich people did in the middle ages on Earth, which as far as I know has no magic weapons and no magic spells. :)

Anyhow, if you are going to put adamantium on the ancient dragons dr and make no other changes, that is your call. I don't think it would make much of a difference, since by the time ancient dragons roll around, adventurers will have magic adamantium weapons (or adamantium weapons that they can magic up with spells). At least in the Forgotten Realms. :)

satori01

First Post
I agree not much difference other than flavor. One might have to reforge a sword with adamantium if they are going to take on the ancient Red Dragon, Baedros the Fell, Dread Overlord of the FlameTongue Mountains.

Like the old 3.0 DR it is more a speed bump, something to give a powerful PC group pause, than a massive powerup, and adds flavor, reforging an ancient magic item has some inherent drama to it,(Think Narsil), that appeals to me.

BTW, thanks for everyone's opinion on this thread, even if I have the minority opinion, I appreciate everyone's input, helps me work out certain issues with 3.5, and it definetely gave me some enjoyment,

Thanks.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Particle_Man said:

Never!!! Come to Kalamar!

I don't like Kalamar. Several of the new classes and feats are to powerful (Irresistable Spell?????). Plus, many of the new classes simply aren't needed. (I'm against new base classes unless the game differs strongly from D&D's underlying theme of western fantasy. The OA/Rokugani classes are OK, for example).

Plus, I really like the FR, and have read lots of novels, and have the supplements. I won't change it for yet another classic D&D-like fantasy setting. Midnight could be interesting though (it's "dark age" like, right?)

Remove ads