D&D 5E Drizzt' Do Urden

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
Holy Marty Stu, Batman! This Drizz't is OP as friiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig.

I suppose I can tell any players hoping to play a similar character IMC that they will still have to start with an ability score of 8, and they will probably never have 3 semi-permanent magic items of greater than +3 enchantment that do not require attunement at ANY level, let alone sub-Epic-tier.

But I also suppose All Protagonists Are OP, and Novels Make Bad Games, and etc.

Also, you forgot that Drizz't is actually an awakened gelatinous cube and everyone's just too polite to mention it.

lcmqn.jpg

3.0 gave him a barbarian level to represent his days in the underdark from the novel Exile.

I believe it was to give him the boost to speed and the rage, to represent when he goes a little nuts in combat. He should not have many levels in ranger, as he rarely uses spells, but as another poster suggested, the spell-less ranger could be a good fit.

Zardnaar

Legend
If and it is a huge "If" I were to ever introduce an npc close to the capabilities of Drizzt to one of my campaigns I would stat him up like a Legendary Monster not a PC.

No class levels, just attacks, special abilities, legendary actions, more hit points than the whole party combined, he would break all the rules in the player's handbook if he needed to.

If I wanted to make a Drizzt clone as a PC, I would go with 12 levels of Fighter(Battlemaster) 8 levels of Ranger(Hunter), so pretty close to what the OP suggested.

The reason I went battlemaster over Champion was when Drizzt was originally statted out he had a base 10% chance +3% chance for each level Drizzt was higher than something of outright killing an opponent. It is kind of a critical hit ability and his AD&D stats had nothing like Battlemaster abilities. My Drizzt is not even that min/maxed either the only real broken thing bout him would be his higher ability scores (we use 4d6 drop the lowest at home) and his magic items.

Dargrimm

First Post
When he was young and trained in Menzoberanzan (with Zaknafein and in Melee Magthere) he was trained as a fighter. It was not until he escaped Menzoberranzan and wandered alone in the Underdark, and later found, and was trained by, Montolio, that he got ranger training.

This background is what, IMHO, makes him the perfect fighter/ranger. In 3rd Edition he has some barbarian levels to represent the time he spent alone in the Underdark but I never thought it was an accurate way of doing it...

When he was young and trained in Menzoberanzan (with Zaknafein and in Melee Magthere) he was trained as a fighter. It was not until he escaped Menzoberranzan and wandered alone in the Underdark, and later found, and was trained by, Montolio, that he got ranger training.

This background is what, IMHO, makes him the perfect fighter/ranger. In 3rd Edition he has some barbarian levels to represent the time he spent alone in the Underdark but I never thought it was an accurate way of doing it...
In 5e the soldier bac ok ground can cover all of the fighter training, and bounded accuracy means he can have done great things at low level...

I would make him a soldier ranger 1 level lower then my party and make his items just a bit worse then what my party had... He is an npc not the star of the game....

Remove ads