D&D 5E Drizzt' Do Urden

Shiroiken

Legend
..Drizzt..."fan?"....:confused::confused::confused:
Yea. An actual fan. I hated Drizzt for over a decade (probably nearer to two), because of the Fanboys. When I started reading the Realms novels for myself, however, my opinion changed.

I love the Icewind Dale Trilogy (or whatever the first 3 books are called), but not just because of Drizzt. I liked the companions and Artemis (who was a very well done villain, IMO). I like the outsider looking in that Drizzt was originally, but my
interest in him waned as the books went on (he became accepted, and that took away a lot for me). Neverwinter series that I'm currently reading is... not very good. Considering the restrictions he was put under at the time, I'm not overly surprised.

I still don't see the Fanboy obsession with him, but I no longer hate Drizzt. I reserve that for the Fanboys :)

Melikye

First Post
I believe the barbarian level was from when he used to become the hunter or whatever and go into some sort of his own type of rage. I agree with taking that off as I don't think he does this any longer. Also agree with most of what has been said but how can you just keep his stats from ad&d, 2e or even 3e? Since then I won't go back and count but let's say a great many books have been written about him, the companions and other new allies and now old friends ones. His last book was only published late October or early November? I guess what I'm trying to say is in all of these "exploits " would he not continue to gain experience? SPOILER! lol including monk possibly now? Also, not a fanboy. Disabled. Read A LOT of fantasy from a lot of different authors. I really enjoy some Drizzt books. Others not so much.

Horwath

Legend
If you would use UA:revised ranger, I would make him fighter14/battlemaster)/ranger6(beastmaster). He has a panther animal companion.

That would leave him with 3 attacks, one offhand attack, one beast attack and one beast reaction attack with your attack action.

That is 6 attack total,

6 ASI's

greater favored enemy,

2nd level spells,

also his abilities could be;

str 12
dex 20
con 14
int 14
wis 16
cha 14

that is with 32pts point buy and 9 out of 12 ASI's spent on abilities.

Remove ads