Druid/Rogue Sneak Attack

Marion Poliquin

First Post
The new entry for Wild Shape in Masters of the Wild only says that the Druid retains his Attack Bonus but does not mention how he uses it.

My first interpretation was like yours, Malin Génie, that Druids do not get the multiple attacks of their new form.

But then I saw the Multiattack feat that lets you use your secondary attacks at only -2, just like the monster feat. Its prerequisite is "Access to a form that has three or more natural weapons, either naturally or through shapechanging". This pretty much makes it a certainty that shapechanged characters get all of the attacks of their assumed form.

I can only hope that they never bring back the land octopi.

cappun

First Post
Malin Genie said:
[Disclaimer] I haven't read MotW yet. [/Disclaimer]

Having said that, I thought that wildshaped druids didn't get multiple attacks, only a choice of natural weapons, and that attacks were made at their regular, iterative, BAB.

So a Druid 5/Rogue 3 in bear form (BAB +5) would get one bite or one claw attack, or could use bite + claw or right claw + left claw if willing to take the appropriate two-weapon fighting penalties.

MotW makes it clear that wildshaped druids gain all of the natural attacks of the animal shape. In discussing using wildshape for combat, it indicates that "Until 8th level, when she can use wildshape to become a Large animal, her best choices are wolverine, black bear, or leopard, with three attacks each." Attacks with secondary natural weapons, like bite for the bear, are at -5 unless the druid has the multiattack feat, then they are at -2.

Rashak Mani

First Post
hhmmm... so a Carrion Crawler with a level in rogue is very very deadly :) Intelligent dragons with rogue levels and invisibilty can be nasty....

Remove ads