DT's Old School Campaign- (Chapter 4: The Guild and The Girl)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The Wilders and two women ran back towards the lower floors, running opposite of those seeking to flee. "Where you going?! The exit is this way!" The kobold yelled in confusion as the Wilders raced downstairs and to their given quarters.

Along the way, the group ran afoul of three fleeing and wounded mercenaries. Rovan was struck with a glancing blow to the wrist (-4 hps to Rovan), but the three were put down by a magic missile from Rovan, and weapons from the rest.

Ms d'Artua was found in the room near four dead slaves, one of her deceased guards, and the last guard who was bleeding and fading fast with a knife in his gut. The lady was alive and uninjured, but was wailing from the trauma of coming so close to death. "Lola! Oh thank you for coming for me! I don't understand, but they were so angry. When I was here the servants never acted so and always seemed content to serve. Why are they angry?"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"They are tired of being slaves! And now is not the time for explanations, so let us hurry and escape out of here as fast as we can! Grab only what you need Richelle for your life depends on it."

OOC: I don't recall, do the rest of us have any other items stored in the room? If so, Lola will try to grab what she can.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The Wilders made it through the chaos, and through fire as the fortress was set alight in numerous places by the angry and vengeful. There was a side entrance connected to a sloping passage with large oak trapdoors that was used to drag larger beasts into the arena pens. This was the exit chosen by the Wilders and was a path of least resistance.

The Wilders plus the three women watched the aflame Dome for a moment as slaves burst free from the structure and ran amock in the streets. The city bell calling for the guards had been ringing, so the group decided after a few moments to quickly move on and drop Madam d'Artua safely home.

Vera asked, "I doubt my father will choose to stay in the city after this. It might be safer to lay low for a bit since Liar Mukang had friends among the Thieves Guild. Would you like to come with us? It would just be for a little while, and since my pop used to be a member of the Men-At-Arms during the war he might be able to teach some of you a few tricks."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Edvan nods and answers Vera though his eyes rarely leave Rose's. "That may be wise. In addition to our current danger I am finding that this city is wearing upon me more and more of late."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Me thinks that passage on a certain ship may be due to be aquired mateys. Shall i contack me ol' captn'?"

Queenie

Queen of Everything
"That sounds like a good idea Vera, where will you go?" Lola commented but looked to Rovan to make their decision.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Quinn decided that he was going to keep an eye out for the Botany Bay when time permits, but for the immediate future the Wilders decided to take refuge with Vera's father.

It was a teary-eyed reunion that late hour when girl was returned to her only family. But the pair worried about their safety and planned to flee to a half-burnt out ranch a mile north of the city along with Rose and the Wilders.

OOC: You have your stuff from your room. Do you also intend to try and load up with stuff from your house?

Fenris

Adventurer
Quinn decided that he was going to keep an eye out for the Botany Bay when time permits, but for the immediate future the Wilders decided to take refuge with Vera's father.

It was a teary-eyed reunion that late hour when girl was returned to her only family. But the pair worried about their safety and planned to flee to a half-burnt out ranch a mile north of the city along with Rose and the Wilders.

OOC: You have your stuff from your room. Do you also intend to try and load up with stuff from your house?

OOC: Yes, quickly though, no furniture. Just a few personal items that we need. Hrmmm. Or would some of those things be at Ms d'Artua's place?

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The Wilders weaved down streets with Rose, Vera, and Vernik in tow after collecting their possessions not left at home. They traversed Murky Street with its ever present leeches which squished underfoot, and Fog Street which is said to be cursed and on occassion to be plagued with a swarm of toads that spit gunk towards the eyes of drunk passerbys. They stopped, however, on the corner of By-Water Street near By-Water Bath, a famous shop for those with worn bodies and easy coin. This was shortly before the narrow alleyway leading to the Wilder's home. A fire could be seen burning brightly down at the end of the alley, and the shouts of men and women trying to put it out could be heard. So intent and shocked were the Wilders that they did not notice the slumped, bleeding man in the shadows near them.

"Murder..." The bloodied man whispered hoarsely. Hilmdyn instinctively bent over him and cast magic to cure his wounds (uses a cure light wounds spell), before both he and Edvan recognized him as one of the now-dead companion of Ben Sills, named Craig Hastings. As the color returned to his lips he coughed his lungs clear of blood and said, "Murder... it was murder and coin that filled our minds, but it was only murder that we received. Scar and I waited by your home for you to return. You see there is a rich reward out for someone that looks like the lot of you Wilders, and whether you are guilty of offending the Guild or not, the price of 100gp a head is too good to pass up. It was the serving and dancing girls of the Mermaid Tavern, that bastion and safe house of the Thieves' Guild, who last reported seeing you or some like you and put the call out for your bounty once their slave maker was found mutilated and face-down in the drink. Others who have looked like you have been accosted throughout the city. Why they struck this night, I do not know, but I owe you my life, so I will tell you what I know to return the favor. It was killers of the Thieves' Guild that struck tonight, and their knives finished Scar and nearly finished me. They struck with anger and desperation else they would have finished their work. Most likely they were thinking we were friends of yours or at least acquaintences. Then they proceeded to break down the door and put everything to the torch. Ask your questions! My life is saved and antagonizing you has been the worst for health and luck."

Remove ads