DT's Saga of the Dragon Cult (Standing Stones)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Grok
[sblock]
For a ceremony to open a portal such as this, there are usually two different important elements. First, there is usually a material component that focuses the energy. Second, there is usually a person who leads the ceremony and directs the energy in a way to achieve the opening. Ruin either of these, and the ceremony can be stopped. Tsathzar Rho was using a combination of the large pool of blood and himself as the director. When you stopped him, the gateway to the Far Realms collapsed.
[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Grok, Half-Orc Cleric 2

"It good you ask, Rosie, Grok do know some-tin' 'bout that. Ceremony is for open portal to other world. There be two important parts to that -- a focus to direct the energy and a person who him lead ceremony and aim energy to open portal. We muck-up either one of these, or both, and ceremony can be stopped. Now, Tsathzar Rho, him use big pool of blood as focus and himself as the person to lead, when we see him do this before."

Grok's Sheet

[sblock=Deuce-Meister]
Thanks for the save there. As you, no doubt, noticed recently, I'm not above making up some $h17 when I don't know accurate info, so thank you. I've got the KISS song "Deuce" going through my head right now. I blame you.

"I know a thing or two about her. I know she'll only make you cryyyyyyyyyyy. She'll let you walk the street beside her. But whe she wants she'll pas you byyyyy......"

Wait, that's "Strutter" not "Deuce." Dammit. Never mind then.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Which is why we dodged a massive crossbow bolt when we killed Tsathzar Rho in the far realm, it spoiled his or it or whatever, the attempt to open a portal in the caves."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Check out the OOC thread. 525gp to purchase equipment. You can sell any of your gear for its full price and buy new stuff. Update your character sheets and I'll get this game moving again on Monday with your first encounter as you approach the Standing Stones.

Amaury

First Post
OOC: well we're still limited to potions and scrolls basically. I've updated Rosalia.

Rosalia sort of understands what Grok is telling her in that she needs to spot the main priest or witch and try to distract her.

"If the ceremony is tonight, we need to head off right now! I'll go and grab my stuff in my room and Im right back!" announces Rosalia who leaves the table and trots to the stairwell to go upstairs. Halfway on the stairs she wonders for herself: Here you go again girl!.. The Gods are playing with you, like their little doll.. placing all these events.. She then suprised herself praying as she was gathering her gear. She didn't know why she was doing this and risk her life, that was certainly far riskier than the petty crime she was used to.

Rosalia reappears in the tavern hall, blinks at the innkeeper, and joins her companions to take on the road to the clearing.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Everyone not purchasing a horse decides to rent one with a saddle for 8gp for the next 48 hours. Scrag rents a larger, heavier horse for 20gp. With that, the party heads off towards the Standing Stones, getting just outside of the area hours after sundown. Despite the darkness, you can see the top of bleach-white stones standing out in a far clearing due to the starlight and moon. Oddly, the wind is beginning to pick up as you get closer.

As you go through the trees, you note that the Standing Stones rest on a large hilltop called Druid's Hill. Because of this, you find yourselves guiding your horses down into a ravine before you they can make the climb upwards towards the mound.

Jon and Grok
[sblock]
You can feel the build-up of energy around you as you approach the hilltop even without you casting any spells to detect it. There is powerful magic building up here.
[/sblock]

OOC: Everyone make a Perception Check.

Amaury

First Post
Rosala - Sleek human female Rogue 4

ooc:
20:12, Today: Secret Roll: Le Maitre de Destins rolled 7 using 1d20+5. Rosalia Listen.
20:12, Today: Secret Roll: Le Maitre de Destins rolled 22 using 1d20+5. Rosalia Spot.

As they get closer Rosalia gets a little bit edgy.
""My darlings, my dear Knights, maybe we ought to get off our mighty mounts and be a little bit more discreet..."

She checks the surroundings as she talks.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Jon is about to suggest the same as Rosalia, but nods his approval instead. He ties his mount to a tree that is big enough and bushy enough to block the wind of the seeming upcoming storm. He settles his pack on his back and proceeds to head toward the hill.

perception spot check

Spot: 1D20+7 = [12]+7 = 19

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Your horses are spooked and you realize that something is quite wrong, but not before a half dozen kobold warriors drop from the raised sides of the path around you with spears in hand. Each of the creatures chooses one of your band to attack, while they shout some warnings in draconic upwards towards whomever is standing inside the Standing Stones.

Kobold A vs Scrag
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
Kobold B vs Roque
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]
Kobold C vs Grok
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]