D&D 5E Duergar Ranger Build Suggestions

Tigit

Explorer
I have just created a new Duergar Ranger for a new campaign. His main Stata are 16 dex, 14 con, and 16 wis. He is obviously a ranged build using a Heavy crossbow which I intend to take the Feats Crossbow Expert and Sharpshooter. I plan on taking the Gloom Stalker Sub-Class. After 5th level I intend to multiclass into Fighter and after 9th multiclass into Rogue. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions for this build?

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I have just created a new Duergar Ranger for a new campaign. His main Stata are 16 dex, 14 con, and 16 wis. He is obviously a ranged build using a Heavy crossbow which I intend to take the Feats Crossbow Expert and Sharpshooter. I plan on taking the Gloom Stalker Sub-Class. After 5th level I intend to multiclass into Fighter and after 9th multiclass into Rogue. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions for this build?
What fighter subclass? What rogue subclass? When are you picking up resilient wisdom? What’s your plan with ranger spells?

Tigit

Explorer
What fighter subclass? What rogue subclass? When are you picking up resilient wisdom? What’s your plan with ranger spells?
Fighter sub-class is Battle Master. Style is Superior Technique. As far as Spells the only ones that really matter are Hunters Mark, Pass Without Trace, Absorb Elements, and Aid. Will be taking Arcane Trickster as rogue subclass

mellored

Legend
Might just want to go ranger 8, which gives you resilience wis and both feats as quick as possible, plus a few more slots. (Note summon beast has darkvision).

Also, what is the rest of your party?

Tigit

Explorer
Might just want to go ranger 8, which gives you resilience wis and both feats as quick as possible, plus a few more slots. (Note summon beast has darkvision).

Also, what is the rest of your party?
I have Darkvision as a Duergar. I will know about the rest of the party tomorrow.lol

Tigit

Explorer
Getting resilient wisdom that late is a big concern.

I have some others as well. Will detail later.
Okay I need to make a couple clarifications. I meant to say Assasin for Rogue . I was thinking of a different build. As far as rsiliance I would get it at 16th level.

mellored

Legend
Plus Gloom Stalker gives Umbrel Sight.
Sure. But the beast can also hunt in the dark.

Anyways, I would probably go ranger 8 (crossbow expert, wis save, sharpshooter), fighter 4 (+2 dex), Rouge the rest, using a hand crossbow after you get crossbow expert for the bonus attack.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases