D&D 5E Dumb orc Class?

DaGinger

First Post
Hey, I'm currently making a new character for a homebrew campaign. I rolled 18,16,16,8,11,4 when i was determining my stats and thought i should make a character with two intelligence (yes that is as dumb as a horse).me and the dm have already talked about the draw backs of having 2 intelligence but what is the most STUPID and FUNNY class i could be. Also if anyone could think of any sort of backstory starter idea of how they got that stupid would be brilliant! Thanks!

Tony Vargas

Legend
me and the dm have already talked about the draw backs of having 2 intelligence but what is the most STUPID and FUNNY class i could be.
There's two ways to go with it. You could go for the class that's as stereotypically as stupid as it gets: the fighter (OK, or Barbarian). Or, you could go with the so-stupid-you-followed-the-worst-possible-career-path-for-your-aptitude slant on it and be a wizard. There isn't, AFAIK, a minimum INT for wizards in 5e like there was back in the day.

Also if anyone could think of any sort of backstory starter idea of how they got that stupid would be brilliant! Thanks!
You were kicked in the head by a baluchitherium?

discosoc

First Post
INT dump in 5e is surprisingly not much of an issue because essentially nothing other than arcane magic is tied to it. If you really want to play a mentally-challenged-yet-crazy-fun type character, dump your WIS.

maybe not being smart you always envied wizards and wanted to use magic.
So when one day a deason easely tricked you into selling your soul you became a warlock.
The demon tried to use you for his plans but your so stupid you tataly messed up his plans.
The demon now decided your basicly to stupid to use as a agent/minion
So your own patron now might be out to kill you so he can give the powers he granted you to somebody else.

WarpedAcorn

First Post
Hey, I'm currently making a new character for a homebrew campaign. I rolled 18,16,16,8,11,4 when i was determining my stats and thought i should make a character with two intelligence (yes that is as dumb as a horse).me and the dm have already talked about the draw backs of having 2 intelligence but what is the most STUPID and FUNNY class i could be. Also if anyone could think of any sort of backstory starter idea of how they got that stupid would be brilliant! Thanks!

Go Bard! Seriously, a dumb-as-a-rock giant half-orc Bard that sings and dances around.

But with an Int of 2...how do you play THAT dumb?

Edit: Just immediately remembered the mentally challenged Dwarf from Cleric Quintet named Pikel who was a Druid. Maybe something like that. http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Pikel_Bouldershoulder

Last edited:

Igwilly

First Post
Here's a suggestion for background: he was a genius, but his loved one was in danger and he decided to make a pact with a devil.
But the pact didn't demand his soul. The price was his intelligence. Now he had amnesia because of that change and doesn't even realize what happened. The goal now for close relatives is to, somehow, re-adquire his intelligence.

Last edited:

Sorcerer is another option. A natural spell caster that is all about burning things.

Also, you should talk like Groot, knowing only a single sentence that you repeat with different inflections.
"Grunt burn?" "Grunt burn!" "Grunt burn?!"

Horwath

Legend
unearthed arcana beastmaster ranger with ape as beast companion: he's a brother from another mother...the smarter mother.

Remove ads