D&D General Dumb Reasons To Get Booted From a Group.

Zardnaar

Legend
As the title says. I ran into an old mate and he told me he got booted from a group.

His crime? Not being a vegan.

There was probably other things going on but that's the reason he gave.

I'm a more keep what you kill type so doesn't bother me. If you can skin it or fillet it meh.

I'm sure there's some horror stories so let's hear them.

aco175

Legend
I have not seen some of these, but I'm guessing something like not bringing food/drink or voting the 'wrong' way may count.

Game reasons may be something like not letting me roll dice or playing a certain PC.

I got booted out of a game of Vampire because I knew the rule better than the current story teller... 3 weeks later, that group came to me and asked me to be their story teller. Just said nope, I already had a group of neonates on the go. Irony is a b*tch sometimes.

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
We were playing metagurps. When my turn came up, I rolled Biotech, Horror, and Bunnies & Burrows. They offered to let me reroll, but I got my stubborn up-- maybe if any one of those cowards had said they didn't want to play that game, instead of telling me I couldn't make it work...

Anyway, two sessions later... on the third session, I showed up and the conference room was empty and all of their cellphones went to voicemail without ringing.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
The group I‘d been gaming with since 1996 or so also included some guys I’d known since the mid-1980s. Someone quickly set up a Yahoo Group to handle communications. Worked for years, but Yahoo decided they weren’t going to support them anymore after 2017 or so.

One of the guys set up a Slack account for the group. I told them I wasn’t interested in using Slack, but since my email & cell hadn’t changed in a decade, and my home phone hadn’t changed since 1998, I told them to contact me that way.

And they didn’t.

I got booted out of a game of Vampire because I knew the rule better than the current story teller.
I got booted because I created a Blade clone with several ranks in celerity, a black trench coat and dual katanas, while my friend also got booted for creating a clone of the Count from Sesame street.

We had a lot of fun for that session trolling the Goths playing it though so totally worth it.

Remove ads