D&D General People make amazing D&D Art

There was a lot of talk about what wizards should look like on these forums a while ago, so I then started a portrait of of an Artran wizard. This is a wizard-scribe of Shimbal wearing a traditional wizard's hat that is the mark of their profession.
I think a wizard needs a tall pointy hat, but I tried to make one that doesn't look so obviously medieval European.
On Artra most people cannot read, so manipulating magic via written words is quite a rare skill, and the wizard-scribes are highly valued and feared.

Scribe-wizard.jpg

EzekielRaiden

Follower of the Way
I have done a bunch of sketches for my current homebrew setting Artra. These are some of the earlies ones and show some peoples of the world.

View attachment 357447
People of the city states. A wizard-scribe from Shimbal, a hedonite from Xaharranad, a Marutian noble and a warrior from Ilum. Whilst most of Artra is inhospitable wasteland, there exist several city sates that are beacons of civilization commerce, and some would say decadence.

View attachment 357448
Hunter-gatherers from Xendu. These hardy folk who are accustomed to fighting for survival.

View attachment 357449
Sherennid Traders. The Sherennids know how to navigate the wastes of shifting sands. Their droms caravans convey goods and information between the city states, and to the people outside of them.

View attachment 357450
Orcs. The Artran orcs are resilient people who are unbothered by the heat of the twin-sun-scorched deserts they made call home.

View attachment 357451
The Eldri. River kindred, forest kindred, desert kindred and the underdark kindred. The diminutive and mysterious eldri live in small groups. Their magic and guile allows them to survive in various environments.
These are lovely!

Remove ads