Critical Role Dunamancy from Wildemount

Chaosmancer

Legend
What about Blood Hunter, which was inspired by Wildemount as I understand it?
Again, they would probably be publicizing a new class in the book if that was the case.
None of the promo blurbs have said that the Blood Hunter will be in the Wildemount book, so I have no reason to believe it will be made official.

The Bloodhunter is currently available on DnD Beyond's Character creator. It might not get published in a book, since it is free on DMs Guild and DnD Beyond (to my knowledge, someone is content sharing with me so I don't know if they had to buy it separately)

The Bloodhunter is currently available on DnD Beyond's Character creator. It might not get published in a book, since it is free on DMs Guild and DnD Beyond (to my knowledge, someone is content sharing with me so I don't know if they had to buy it separately)
The Blood Hunter is on DM's Guild as third-party material / homebrew.

As for how it's on D&DBeyond, Critical Role and Curse (the company that runs D&DBeyond) have a very tight relationship. However, as long as the Blood Hunter doesn't feature in a WotC book, it is still third-party; it is no more official than Mercer's Gunslinger Fighter is.

I wonder about blood hunter in a future Ravenloft player guide, maybe with a different name.

I want to say I miss the chronomancers, not for the crunch/gameplay, but the potential for the fluff/lore/background, allowing open doors for a remake or mash-up of your favorite worlds.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I wonder about blood hunter in a future Ravenloft player guide, maybe with a different name.

I want to say I miss the chronomancers, not for the crunch/gameplay, but the potential for the fluff/lore/background, allowing open doors for a remake or mash-up of your favorite worlds.
I'm going to tell you a secret

You can remake and mashup your favorite worlds right now.

The only canon is table canon.

bedir than

Full Moon Storyteller
I'll tell you a secret.

If you believe that you don't understand Setting canon or its purpose and function.
The latest book from WotC is a mashup and remake of previous settings. It was OK for Mercer to do that. It's OK for me to play in Realms Year 1000 and allow Spelljamming craft and Dragonlances.

It's OK for someone else to play 100% by the Ed Greenwood's words.

gyor

Legend
Please fill me in. What is "Setting canon purpose and or function"?

Well depending on settings it can vary, but the basic idea is so that people from across the world can achieve a true state of immersion in a story. There is alot more to it, but I just got off work, its 2:52am, and I need sleep so I go into depth tomorrow.

Coroc

Hero
I want/can't wait for the Echo Knight!
Sounds a bit like Naruto

Tbh would fit better for monk or Ninja, than for a fighter ?EK? . Otoh they have to have an arcane component. So here you see fluff and crunch in conflict!

In other words it might be a nice class concept, but it is only viable in a special context, namely this gameworld.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases