Dune Director Denis Villeneuve to adapt Rendezvous with Rama!

darjr

I crit!
7C9A725E-3B06-4575-9B5C-1D45B2EFA9DD.jpeg

I loved that first book so very much!

Clarke’s Rendezvous with Rama involves a group of human space explorers flying toward Rama, a large celestial object hurtling toward Earth that humans think is an alien spacecraft, marking the world’s first contact with alien intelligence.

Thanks to Ben Riggs for pointing it out.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
View attachment 148420

I loved that first book so very much!

Clarke’s Rendezvous with Rama involves a group of human space explorers flying toward Rama, a large celestial object hurtling toward Earth that humans think is an alien spacecraft, marking the world’s first contact with alien intelligence.

Thanks to Ben Riggs for pointing it out.
That has potential.

MarkB

Legend
Seems like a good fit. I hope he can capture the sheer scale of the vessel - the novel's descriptions are so evocative, it's the only book that's given me vertigo.

Ryujin

Legend
In the "first alien contact" genre I'd really like to see this but would even more like to see Alan Dean Foster's "Nor Crystal Tears", if only to see if they would use the song of the same name by '80s Canadian group Strange Advance in the soundtrack.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
In the "first alien contact" genre I'd really like to see this but would even more like to see Alan Dean Foster's "Nor Crystal Tears", if only to see if they would use the song of the same name by '80s Canadian group Strange Advance in the soundtrack.
How about "Out of the Silent Planet"?

ART!

Deluxe Unhuman
This news thrills me.

Along with Herbert's Dune and Asimov's Foundation, this is one of those seminal works of science fiction that I was lucky enough to come across and read as a teenager, and which left quite an impression on me. Villeneuve's Arrival and Dune make me very, very optimistic about Rama.

Last edited:

Retreater

Legend
And here I am, still waiting for the sequel to "John Carter of Mars," which is clearly the best science fiction film of all times. The long-overdue sequel was to be called "John Carter of Venus."

Other science fiction/fantasy franchise installments we haven't gotten include the following:
The 14th Warrior
The Sixth Element
Nosfera-Three (been waiting for this one since 1922)

Remove ads