Dungeon 195 - Bestiary: Flowers in the Darkness

Shroomy

Adventurer
Well, it only took me 2 1/2 years and three pitches, but I finally was able to introduce one of my favorite monsters to 4e, the vampire rose. It has a special place in my heart since the first D&D adventure I ever owned was B3: Palace of the Silver Princess. I hope everyone enjoys it, as well as the dusanu, hangman tree, and reaper blossom (my own creation). Also, many, many kudos to Jim Nelson for the awesome artwork!

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Bestiary: Flowers in the Darkness)

Klaus

First Post
Well, it only took me 2 1/2 years and three pitches, but I finally was able to introduce one of my favorite monsters to 4e, the vampire rose. It has a special place in my heart since the first D&D adventure I ever owned was B3: Palace of the Silver Princess. I hope everyone enjoys it, as well as the dusanu, hangman tree, and reaper blossom (my own creation). Also, many, many kudos to Jim Nelson for the awesome artwork!

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Article (Bestiary: Flowers in the Darkness)
And thanks for the nod to the vryloka on the vampire rose entry!

mcmillan

Adventurer
Nice article. I think my players might find the city they just found that's been infested with ghouls might have also been conducive to Dusunu as a way to mix things up.

Mr. Teapot

First Post
Anyone running a 4e conversion of Dungeonland and/or Beyond the Magic Mirror should include some vampire roses, tended to by the Queen's insane servants. "We'll paint the roses red... with blood!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases