Dungeon 195 - Bestiary: Flowers in the Darkness

the Jester

Legend
Yeah, the yellow musk creeper is awesome- I did my own conversion and used it in 4e a couple of years ago.

Also the giant sundew.
Tendriculous.
Ascomoid.

To be honest, I even kinda like the phantom fungus! :blush:

Rechan

Adventurer
The Zombie Cactus from the Dark Sun book would make a great Yellow Musk creeper reskinned. (A little more domination than I'd like, but otherwise...)

Rechan

Adventurer
Hey Shroomy, question about the article.

The Hangman Tree's Swallow power says that a target is removed from play. However, there's a listed Escape DC. So are they removed from play, or are they just unable to use powers but able to make escape attempts?

I like the addition of the Encounters - I was sad how many monster entries don't tell you what kind of monsters will hang around with others.

Shroomy

Adventurer
Hey Shroomy, question about the article.

The Hangman Tree's Swallow power says that a target is removed from play. However, there's a listed Escape DC. So are they removed from play, or are they just unable to use powers but able to make escape attempts?

I like the addition of the Encounters - I was sad how many monster entries don't tell you what kind of monsters will hang around with others.

The language for the hangman tree's swallow power was changed during development; PCs should still be able to make skill checks to escape, though the rest of the condition still applies.

Remove ads