• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Adventure Path series in Greyhawk?

Vexed

First Post
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by Olgar Shiverstone
Sure, set it in Greyhawk or the Realms. A short sidebar for other settings would be nice, along the lines of "In Greyhawk, set this adventure _____ with these changes; In the Forgotten Realms, ______; In Kalamar, ____", etc. The notes could be fairly short -- location, name changes to key towns, citites, or groups, and perhaps which deities to use for NPCs. That way, we all have a known point to shift from.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best suggestion yet as far as I am concerned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree. I would say the Realms. But having a side bar that had "For Greyhawk use this; For Realms use this..." That is a good compromise.

Kershek

Sci-Fi Newshound
I play and run games in the Realms. I don't mind if it's set in Greyhawk as long as it can be easily modified for FR. In fact, it may be helpful to add a footnote here and there suggesting how to adapt it to the Realms.

Last edited:

Wurm1234

Explorer
Kershek said:
I play and run games in the Realms. I don't mind if it's set in Greyhawk as long as it can be easily modified for FR. In fact, it may be helpful to add a footnote here and there suggesting how to adapt it to the Realms.
I prefer the Realms, so I'd like to see the next one in the Silver Marches, or in Anauroch (where my players are headed next). Greyhawk is also fine, but I completely agree with the suggestion about adding a sidebar.

While we're providing input to Dungeon's editor, I'd also like to hear something about Dungeon's (and Dragon's) planned support to eTools.

I also second the motion to collect all of these Adventure Path adventures into an anthology. This is an excellent idea.

Bavix

First Post
Heck Yes, Greyhawk!

I would definitely like the Adventure Path adventures (and most Dungeon adventures) to be set in Greyhawk. It's supposedly the "core" setting and enough people know the basics of Greyhawk to be able to adapot the adventures to their own settings if need be.

rvaughn_ffg

First Post
Greyhawk, plz.

As an unabashed Greyhawk fan, and a constant reader of Dungeon, I'd say go Greyhawk. It's much more work for a GM to incorporate generic stuff into his setting than it is for him to make setting-specific stuff generic. Besides, then that wealth of Living Greyhawk source material you guys publish can get some nice tie-in.

Rob Vaughn
FFG Publishing

Swiftbrook

First Post
I understand it makes writing a little harder, but I also would like to see sidebard options for an alternate local. Base the adventures in Greyhawk with specific sidebars for Forgotten Realms and maybe one other setting.

One setting is ofcourse easiest, two in detail is difficult but might be the best way to go. Three or more can't be done with a lot of detail without taking more time and space than you are willing to allow.

-Swiftbrook

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads