• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Adventure Path series in Greyhawk?

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Erik, please make the next Adventure Path set in Greyhawk. I'm dying for more Greyhawk material and this would be a great reason to start collecting Dungeon Magazines again.

I've bought the first two Adventure Path mags and really like Cauldron but want the next one to be specifically set in Greyhawk. I'm currently playing in a group that started adventuring out of the City of Gradsul in Keoland. Unfortunately, we got shang-hied by slavers and are now stuck on a deserted island but eventually we want to find our way back to Gradsul and the village of New Keep near the Dreadwood.

An Mid to High-Level Adventure Path would be a great resource for my DM.

Cheers!

Robert B.

Kryndal Levik

First Post
I agree with those that say that a non-standard locale is limiting; I've got a fully-developed world, so adventures set in a city in a volcanic crater don't really appeal to me. I know that the adventures can be converted (in general), but if I'm going to go to that much trouble I'll just write up my own or use a 2nd edition adventure. :rolleyes:

That being said- yes, I think adventures set in a "classic" (or generic, or continuity-based, or whatever you wish to call it) would be best.

RBB

First Post
Yes, even though I will own all the S.C. issues, I would pay Real Money for a PDF or print collection of the whole series, and would also like data files for eTools and PC Gen. A PDF (or PDFs) and the data files would be my ideal.

talmar

First Post
If I had my way it would be placed within the realms. However, since everything in the core books are greyhawk then greyhawk would probably be the more logical choice.

As long as the adventures are fairly easily remodeled for a different setting.

RBB said:
Yes, even though I will own all the S.C. issues, I would pay Real Money for a PDF or print collection of the whole series, and would also like data files for eTools and PC Gen. A PDF (or PDFs) and the data files would be my ideal.

Ditto. I'd like to see the entire adventure path, levels 1 to 20, captured in a single print product when it's all over with.

talinthas

First Post
Here's a caveat. I play Dragonlance and thusly have no use for the current adventure path.

Now as for the upcoming one, i highly vote for it to be in Greyhawk. It won't be of anymore use to me, but i think that WotC owes it to the fanbase to give something new to the setting that it uses for the PHB, and technically calls 'core'.

The GH grognards have been abused too long. Personally i'm not keen on the setting, but dang it, they have earned at least a module series =)

Psion

Adventurer
Hammerhead said:
I'd prefer it to be generic, not in Greyhawk.

I'll second that. It's alot easier to add a detail to an existing game than to scrub it from the adventure.

If anything, make it generic and use a sidebar to key it to Greyhawk, Eberron, or FR as needed to help fans of those specific setting.

Falkayn

First Post
I agree with Olgar!

Olgar Shiverstone said:
Sure, set it in Greyhawk or the Realms. A short sidebar for other settings would be nice, along the lines of "In Greyhawk, set this adventure _____ with these changes; In the Forgotten Realms, ______; In Kalamar, ____", etc. The notes could be fairly short -- location, name changes to key towns, citites, or groups, and perhaps which deities to use for NPCs. That way, we all have a known point to shift from.
That would be my preference too. I usually run games in my personal campaign setting, but sometimes it's easier to pick a stack of FR adventures from Dungeon and run them (seeing as I have the wonderful 3e FR Campaign book). My friends like running Greyhawk adventures, and one GM has been threatening to run Dragonlance since the setting first came out.

Adding this sort of customisation to ALL Dungeon adventures would be great. I'd suggest picking the most popular/appropriate settings from WotC and then throw in a couple of other ones from other setting providers as is most appropriate to the adventure .... Diamond Throne/AU from Monte Cook and Green Ronin's Freeport setting spring to mind - but there are other great ones, and some adventures would suit one over another.

Mystic Eye Games have done something like this for their NPCs that are released in the Dogs of War PDF packs. It really makes them much more useful to the GM.

borc killer

First Post
Probably the best thing to do is to set it firmly in Grayhawk and than give the side bar for what needs to change to make it work in the other worlds. I personally would LOVE for it to be something that added some deep and rich content to Grayhawk... but i can see how that might not be a good selling point to a lot of others.

Keep up the good work!

Borc Killer

p.s. please kick some one at wizards for me so they make some GrayHawk content :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads