• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG from Goodman Games

JeffB

Legend
Wow. When I first heard of this game, I was like...ehh..may check it out, but not too excited.

After reading the thread over at the DCC forums I've gone completely bonkers- the combat/criticals & magic system sound freaking fantastic. I'll be picking this up for sure now, despite a few things on Joe G's "list" that are not to my tastes. At the least this will provide some ideas and systems for S&W/OD&D conversion.

Mr Baron

First Post
Very interesting idea

This sounds like a very interesting product. It feels similar to C&C in that looks to place itself between Pathfinder/3rd ed and AD&D. I really like the rules light C&C system, and if Joe can deliver a similar feel, I will be buying the main book. Looking forward to seeing the play test rules.

Harley Stroh

First Post
That module is practically a mini-campaign! I recommend it frequently and it holds a special place in my heart as being the start of the first full fledged campaign I've run for my daughter (my wife plays with us too).

You, sir, have the coolest family ever.

Please let us know if you have more DCC stuff coming out. I'm a fan.

Yes, sir! Two done and turned in to Joseph and one more I'm working on this week.

If you can make it to GenghisCon (Denver), GaryCon or NTRPG, I'd love to throw some dice with the man that killed Gary's gelatinous cube!

//H

Wraith Form

Explorer
I recommend it frequently and it holds a special place in my heart as being the start of the first full fledged campaign I've run for my daughter (my wife plays with us too).

I also love Into the Wilds, and for similar reasons--the first full-fledged campaign I started for a group of friends. Yes, there are facepalm moments, but they're moments, and nothing we can't steamroll right past. :D

(Harley, it's Ogrepuppy from the GG boards.)

The DCC RPG seems like it's going to handily replace all previous versions of D&D for me, as it does everything I want an RPG to do (from what little info I have thus far).

Last edited:

Goonalan

Legend
Supporter
I don't think anything is going to prise me away from 4e, I wuvs it- for my sins etc.

But Goodman Games- oh... the heady days, I DM'ed a party of mad fools (in fact many parties of mad fools) through a slew of Goodman Games adventures and each and every one of them was happy-happy-joy-joy.

See sig for the Goodman Games mob.

Harley, you rock (TM).

I look forward to the new stuff (4e and GGDCCRPG- snappy acronym, you can use that if you like), anything that fits the bill and conjures up the GG unique world of adventure...

Cheers Goonalan

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads