D&D 5E Dungeon & Dragons in Japan.

Now I feel curiosity about the popularity of D&D in South-Korea.

And really I have to congratulate the artist. Those pictures have got a true "epic feeling", special vibes. They are ones of the cooles pictures I have seen, in D&D and in manga art.

I suspect there are plans for a "marriage of convenience" between D&D and manganime industry. Hasbro hopes to make money with licencing of Japanese IPs, and Japanase companies, not only manga publishers but also videogame studios, could use their own settings to try introduce themself in the Western market. The challengue is their worlds after the story of the main characters become "boring" places because the most powerful evil lords have been defeated or destroyed. The worlds of TTRPGs are designed to allow space for multiple parallel stories with different hero groups.

And now I am thinking something like the project "Star Wars Visions". Hasbro could talk with different anime studios, and each one would produce an animated short based in D&D. But it would be funny if some one added some homebred detail, for example a new lineage (with very cute facial traits), and the fandom asked it to become official.

My weird theory is that Call of Cthulhu can more easily adhere to the kishōtenketsu structure than D&D. D&D is more goal-oriented while Call of Cthulhu is more terrible stuff happens and you have to deal with it.
after seeing the D&D ads over there in a previous post I wonder if I can find CoC ones...

Remove ads