D&D General #Dungeon23

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth (He/him)
Are folks doing wandering monster tables? I'm thinking about making a 2d6 distribution chart for each section of the dungeon (above ground, dungeon levels 1-3, dungeon levels 4-7, dungeon levels 8-11), so that I can cluster common stuff in the middle and rarer things (visitors from other levels, significant NPCs) at either end of the bell curve.

I'm just pondering how long I'd want to have a wandering monster roll. The OSR/old school method of rolling all the damned time is too much for me (it was too much for me back in 1979, before anyone busts out any "kids these days" stuff), but I don't want it to never be used.

Any thoughts?
I'm doing mine system agnostic, so I'm going to let whatever system ends up being used handle wandering monsters if it has them. If/when I run this, I'd use the wandering monster system in OD&D (1974).

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Are folks doing wandering monster tables? I'm thinking about making a 2d6 distribution chart for each section of the dungeon (above ground, dungeon levels 1-3, dungeon levels 4-7, dungeon levels 8-11), so that I can cluster common stuff in the middle and rarer things (visitors from other levels, significant NPCs) at either end of the bell curve.

I'm just pondering how long I'd want to have a wandering monster roll. The OSR/old school method of rolling all the damned time is too much for me (it was too much for me back in 1979, before anyone busts out any "kids these days" stuff), but I don't want it to never be used.

Any thoughts?
Good idea. Since I'm limiting myself to 1 encounter per day; if my creative juices are still flowing, I can instead create a random encounter table for other areas

Split the Hoard

Split the Hoard
Negotiate, demand, or steal the loot you desire!

A competitive card game for 2-5 players
Remove ads