D&D General #Dungeon23

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
1.17.jpeg

• Natural cave, with signs that the floor has been smoothed out.
  • Glowing lichen provides dim light.
  • Magic circle: (skill check) can be used for summoning/containment
  • Passage to south is very tight squeeze

M_Natas

Hero
Yeah I'm thinking about starting to add some color.

I've got fineliners and drawing pencils coming in the mail, thanks to advice from @M_Natas
I got some color pens, but I'm unsure how to you use them correctly ^^
Have to find the right tutorials now for the pens I bought 😅
While the use of the fineliner (in comparison to just the pencil) gives me this look that I really like, like something that could be in a published book, the color pens I bought don't give me this feel yet. Maybe I got the wrong ones. Maybe I just don't know yet how to use them the way I envision my designs to be. But I have 11 month and 13 more days to figure it out. That's the great thing about #Dungeon23 :).

Xamnam

Loves Your Favorite Game
I'm so impressed by all the people who are doing this by hand. Like, not even getting into the extra detailed stuff like isometric perspectives, or colors, or even just illustrating the objects in the room/area. My real life dex mod when it comes to stuff like penmanship is negative, and this would be such an exercise in frustration if I had to commit it to actual paper, I would have given up already.

I'm so impressed by all the people who are doing this by hand. Like, not even getting into the extra detailed stuff like isometric perspectives, or colors, or even just illustrating the objects in the room/area. My real life dex mod when it comes to stuff like penmanship is negative, and this would be such an exercise in frustration if I had to commit it to actual paper, I would have given up already.
I'm using it to practice drawing and writing, and plus I love notebooks and pens. Anything on a screen feels like work, whereas spending a little time with a notebook is very calming.

I'm more comfortable typing and I like experimenting with digital tools for maps (though I've just used random generators and photoshop thus far since I'm not trying to link each area up into a master map). But I will probably do some of the work in a notebook this year just to change things up.

M_Natas

Hero
I would say, just try it and be brave enough to suck at it. You are only bad at it because you think you can't do it and so you never practiced it. But the secret to getting good at something is to suck at it first. Like, In my twenties the best I could draw were stick men. After some month of practising, I could draw some stuff I would have thought impossible some month before. Then I stopped for time reasons and now I'm back just practising. And with every day it gets a little better and easier. The last two days I head to draw without a table because I had a Workshop for work, were we sat in a chair circles without any tables ... and even under that circumstances I could draw. A month ago I would have thought rhats impossible. I mean, if you don't want to draw that is ok. But if you just don't wanna do it because you think you will suck at it, embrace the suckyness. Enjoy the process, not the result. Enjoy the feelnof the pen, enjoy doing something with your hands.

Remove ads