D&D General #Dungeon23

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
Day 16:
IMG20230116095704.jpg

16. This 10’ x 10’ room is empty with no visible exit. For every ten minutes spent searching a ten foot section of wall for secret doors there is a very hard chance of finding one. On a success, there is a 50% chance that a wandering monster comes in through the door from the other side.

Week 2
Got behind schedule last week, and so last night I filled out the remaining rooms somewhat hurriedly. This week we have another metro station, this time the lair of a faction called the Claws. The Claws are a menance to the upper levels of the undercity, and they also fence items and other things (drugs?) that they get from the lower parts of the undercity. They have trains that they use to travel around the abandoned metro tunnels. I wanted to detail these vehicles more and outline all the weapons and features they have, but did not have time or space.

Week 2.jpg

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
So, I've been backfilling this past weekend, as work has been a beast. But here's today's (current) entry, just to give you an idea of what a happy-go-lucky mega-dungeon we're operating here. (This month is the above-ground level.)

1-3-2: Mass grave. Someone has buried dozens of villagers here in one spot, with some limbs still visible. The corpses are slowly animating, and digging up any corpse has a chance that it will animate as a zombie.

Xamnam

Loves Your Favorite Game
Week 2: DEATH
1673906428584.png

8. The Forgotten Battlefield - Defensive fortifications line either side of this large cavern. What was once an opening to the west has been intentionally destroyed.
9. Combatants' Cache - A small stockpile of supplies left behind, meant to bolster the frontlines. Several small potions have rolled into a niche.
10. Rat Jaw - A narrow tunnel rise filled with switchbacks and traps.
11. The Ossuary - Skeletal trophies of past victories line the hall. Rotted tapestries seem to depict their origin.
12. Explosive Ordnance Depository - Once a storeroom, now a disaster after accidental detonation of the contents. The floor is wracked with cracks, and may give way with with enough weight.
13. The Armored Crossroads - Only one route through this room does not trigger the defensive enchanted armors.
14. The Dragon's Maw - An elaborate facsimile of a dragon skull dominates this room, with a hallway leading down its throat. Attempting to walk directly along the path releases a flock of undead cockatrices as the teeth close behind you.

Last edited:

14. The Dragon's Maw - An elaborate facsimile of a dragon skull dominates this room, with a hallway leading down its throat. Attempting to walk directly along the path releases a flock of undead cockatrices as the teeth close behind you.
I assume room 14 is at the top right (with the big skull), but I don't see a number on the map.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Room 71 - The Entryway to Madness

A 15' x 15' room with a trapdoor in the center of the floor, a grate in the center of the ceiling, and doors in the center of each wall. Only the north door is locked.

The sewer grate in the ceiling leads to the floor grate in room 76.
The trap door in the floor leads through the ceiling in room 70.
The west door leads to south door in 72.
The locked north door leads to south door in 74.
The east door leads to south door in 71.
The south door leads to north door in 76.

The Gibbering Mouther in 76 can see the party through the floor grate in its room and will gibber as soon as either the trap door in the floor is shut or four people are in the room.

The two Invisible Guardians in the room (one in NE corner and one in SW corner) will wait until the gibbering (to which they are immune) starts to attack. As Invisible Stalkers except HP are 30 each, to hit bonus are +5, damage are 7 (2d6), and their purpose is to attack things in the room.

View attachment 272715

Room 76 - Home of the Gibber-Jabber

A 15' x 15' room with a grate in the center of the floor and doors in the center of each wall. Only the south door is locked.

The sewer grate in the floor leads to the ceiling grate in room 71.
The west door leads to north door in 72.
The north door leads to south door in 73.
The east door leads to north door in 75.
The locked south door leads to north door in 74.

The Gibbering Mouther in this room can see through the floor grating into the ceiling of room 71 below, but finds the metal it is made of uncomfortable and won't stand on it or pass through unless very motivated. It can't fit its eyeballs or teeth through the space under the doors, and so it is usually in this room.

If room 71 below has anyone in it with the trap door shut, or has at least four people in it, it will begin gibbering. If the Invisible Guardians in 71are slain, it will spit and then move through the grate. It will stop going through and pull back up if the party appears to be leaving the room before it gets down. Once down, it can't get back up (without someone to lead it through the doors.

1673908066610.png

The next room created (#70) is in post #324 D&D General - #Dungeon23

Last edited:

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
I'll be honest, most of the journals here I would pay money for

One thing that came to me today is while I would not put this specific Tower project up for sale, instead what I might consider doing is creating some sort of campaign book with a ton of random tables to help guide the GM who wants to create a similar Tower or Well World or the like

Remove ads