• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General #Dungeon23

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
Finally caught up to April 2.

Continuing with Level 3...

IMG20230401174055.jpg
18. This 20’ x 20’ chamber is empty.

IMG20230401174103.jpg
19. This 10’ x 20’ room is empty.

20. This 10’ x 10’ room contains 300 pp in stone containers hidden in a secret room nearby. The difficulty of finding the secret door is hard.

IMG20230401174112.jpg
21. This 15’ x 30’ room contains 3,000 cp in bags from the front of which spring darts fire forth.

IMG20230401174122.jpg
22. This 20’ x 30’ chamber is currently occupied by 3 giant beetles.

IMG20230401174139.jpg
23. This 20’ x 20’ room is empty. The difficulty of finding the secret door is very hard. On a failure, a 10’ pit opens. The difficulty for each character to save themselves from falling in is medium.

IMG20230402124624.jpg
24. This 20’ x 20’ room is empty.

IMG20230402124652.jpg
25. This 10’ x 10’ room is empty.

26. This 15’ x 30’ room is empty.

27. Enchanter Lair: This 35’ x 45’ room is inhabited by an enchanter: Kroprix. Among his belongings are a potion of fire resistance, a potion of speed, a scroll of protection from magic, a potion of climbing, a potion of flying, a cloak of elvenkind, and a Figurine of Wondrous Power: serpentine owl.

IMG20230402143725.jpg
28. This 40’ x 40’ room contains the door to E3.

E3. Once the party has entered this 20’ x 20’ room, the room descends to Level 5 and will not ascend for 5 hours.

Also did some more rooms on Level 1...

IMG20230401174204.jpg
49. Giant Toad Lair: This 30’ x 30’ room is inhabited by a giant toad.

IMG20230402133346.jpg
50. This 20’ x 40’ room is empty.

51. This 20’ x 20’ room is empty.

So that's 51 rooms on Level 1, 13 rooms on Level 2, and 28 rooms on Level 3, for 92 rooms in total.

M_Natas

Hero
Day 91 - The city wall / a portal to hell

Memoirs of a survivor from Kyrthar Tahlketh, written down by Rotragia van Lattius

"The city walls were high, firm, strong. They meant safety. At least that's what we thought. They became a death trap when the devils opened their gates beneath the city and everyone tried to flee. We pushed our way to the gates, some of which were still locked because it was night. We were trapped and had to flee. We had to ... the mass of our bodies pressed against the gate, we broke it open, gained freedom ... we thought ... but in front of the gate another hellmouth had opened and spat out the devils ... but we couldn't go back, behind us were the masses who wanted to get out of the city and pushed us out, into the clutches of the monsters. I ... I could only escape because I pushed others into the arms of the devils, because I knocked others over to escape. Women, children ... I didn't care. I had to escape ... flee from the devils... and became one myself ... ."
View attachment 280729
20230402_225343.jpg

Day 92 - a guardhouse

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Still chugging through!

Week 13, Branch 1 from hex 2 of the Branch hexes (hex 11)3 total hexes
  1. A desert, with only starry sky. Home to the Faerie Star Crown Court who are aloof and have never in the past had any sort of relationship with either Dag Faldur nor Ymyl Clagwn (see last week’s entry)
  2. A hex that is entirely stone, with a Ysgardian Dwarven host carving out a home. Imagine Moria before it fell - that’s what Dag Faldur is today. The dwarves do charge a toll to travelers, but guarantee their safety.
  3. A hex of fresh water, with islands as well as a half dozen turtle islands, populated by tortles and leonids, living in harmony in the nation of Laukela. Well, except for the blight at the tip end of the hex that has already taken over 3 islands, and spawned undead. This is causing an exodus of the Laukelans through Dag Faldur and the Star Crown Desert to the immigration gate set up on this side of the Branch gate by the Ymyls.

• Currently, the faeries are letting everyone pass for free; but it’s an open question how long that will last
  • The dwarves are fighting their own battle against undead coming out of their underground sea, the Buhayat Camigr. So far no one has connected the dots that these undead may be the same as those coming out of the Blight.
  • The Philosopher King and the Solon Queen of Laukela are trying to fight the Blight zombies, but it’s a losing battle, and of course fighting undead is always demoralizing as fallen friends and family return as zombies to try to eat one’s face
Questions:
  1. What will the Star Crown Court do as the refugee camp grows?
  2. Who will connect the dots about the undead in Dag Faldur and Laukela? And then what will be done?
  3. Where did the Blight come from? And can it be stopped?
  4. At what point will the Philosopher King and the Solon Queen give up on Laukela? Or will they?
1680496742899.png

1680496823032.png

Bill Zebub

“It’s probably Matt Mercer’s fault.”
Ok, in big paroxysm of drawing (and dotting) I have caught up. And I'm even ahead by a day. I'm going to repost my last one and present, in its entirety, THE GOBLIN KING'S LABYRINTH OF DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM DOOM

3.20-4.4.jpeg

Long staircase from 3.20 leads up to (TBD)

In rooms 3.20 to 4.3, roll 1d6:
1. Empty
2. 1 minotaur
3. A condemned goblin, terrified out of its mind
4. 1 Broom Golem (sweeping)
5. A treasure chest (really a Mimic....of course)
6. Dead adventurer. Has scroll case containing a map of the maze. The map is accurate but inverted left to right. (Re-roll if duplicate.)

Room 4.4: Prank Treasure Room
  • First Look:
    • Entire room is stuffed full of treasure.
  • Close Look:
    • It's an illusion
  • Secrets:
    • On the floor, underneath the illusion, is one of the gem keys from room 1.11, or one of the normal keys from 2.9

M_Natas

Hero
Day 93 - ruin of a shop

View attachment 280908
20230404_222604.jpg

Day 94 - Cellar in ruined shop

A lonely hatch in the abandoned shop - a magical barrier kept it blocked. But I opened it and we descended into the depths of the cellar.

The ruins of Kyrthar Talketh were inhabited by survivors and mutants, while demons and devils roamed. But the cellar room seemed to have been untouched for centuries. The dusty air hung heavy in the darkness, and yet it was lit by the soft glow of an eternal light that stood in the centre of the room, casting long shadows.
Long shadows on an infinitely sad story.

On the dusty floor lay the withered and mummified remains of a family - a small child, a man and a woman, cuddled close together in a final act of love and despair. It was a peaceful image, and yet it expressed a deep sadness and melancholy. Next to it was a pack of cards on a table, with three goblets in the middle and a small vial with an unmistakable skull on it. The poor souls had hidden here when the invasion began and had never come out of the cellar. How long had they remained here? Days? Weeks? Months? It was impossible to say.

M_Natas

Hero
View attachment 281043
Day 94 - Cellar in ruined shop

A lonely hatch in the abandoned shop - a magical barrier kept it blocked. But I opened it and we descended into the depths of the cellar.

The ruins of Kyrthar Talketh were inhabited by survivors and mutants, while demons and devils roamed. But the cellar room seemed to have been untouched for centuries. The dusty air hung heavy in the darkness, and yet it was lit by the soft glow of an eternal light that stood in the centre of the room, casting long shadows.
Long shadows on an infinitely sad story.

On the dusty floor lay the withered and mummified remains of a family - a small child, a man and a woman, cuddled close together in a final act of love and despair. It was a peaceful image, and yet it expressed a deep sadness and melancholy. Next to it was a pack of cards on a table, with three goblets in the middle and a small vial with an unmistakable skull on it. The poor souls had hidden here when the invasion began and had never come out of the cellar. How long had they remained here? Days? Weeks? Months? It was impossible to say.
20230405_212326.jpg

For Time Reasons this one stays black & white for now.

Day 95 - city guardian.

M_Natas

Hero
View attachment 281139
For Time Reasons this one stays black & white for now.

Day 95 - city guardian.
Day 96 - a sanctuary?

After finding another statue, we found a small and lively square. We don't enter it or come into contact with the inhabitants of the ruins. They make a peaceful impression, but the mine supervisor and his servant didn't look like devil worshippers either ...

20230406_133039.jpg

This trying to improve me shading with colors. On the computer it would be quite easy. Doing it by hand with brush-pens I have to figure out where tonuse which colored Brush.
Also coloring the whole ground? Ufff ... is there a Fillbrush? ^^

Remove ads