D&D General #Dungeon23

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
I'm going to be using this as a prod to finish detailing my home campaign's main city. I'll be using the modified weekly schedule from Hexed Press; basically if you read the helper document, read "Complexes" (which, in megadungeon development, just means a subset of rooms) as "Neighborhoods" (i.e., not a full District, but a set of neighboring and/or related Spaces in the city.) That should give me 52ish neighborhoods -- a good subset, but not exhaustive so there's room to add more to fit character backstories and such.

RealAlHazred

Frumious Flumph (Your Grace/Your Eminence)
Also, I picked up the iconic Hobonichi Weeks for it, and I'm really impressed. Kind of sad I'm not using it for it's purpose, as an organizer! But there's absolutely no way I'll ever be organized enough to use it for that...

Zaukrie

New Publisher
If you own dungeon Alchemist, just have it make a random room every day. The real downside is the lack of curves, but you can hand make those every three or four days.

darjr

I crit!
Oh shit, am I doing this?  I think I might be doing this...  #dungeon23

BBEF9F99-F2E1-4316-9D87-A5E1EB7AA901.jpeg

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This seems like a fun challenge.
Gizmodo said:
Dungeon23 is a daily writing practice that is built around game design. Every day the participant will design another room in a dungeon, and at the end of the week they will have a complete level. The next week starts the process over until you have 52 dungeon levels. Sean McCoy of Tuesday Knight Games, the press behind the award-winning TTRPG, Mothership created the challenge almost on accident, with a tweet about his newest project and an image of his notebook. But the indie TTRPG scene is nothing if not excitable and easily swayed by a challenge, and McCoy’s personal goal quickly gained traction across Twitter.

McCoy explains more and offers some ideas for weekly prompts, if you want to have your seven rooms themed, on his Substack.

I am more of a writer than I am a map-maker, so my maps likely won't be anything to make Dyson Logos start losing any sleep, but this seems like a fun way to create a simple mega-dungeon in 2023.

Anyone else considering giving this a whirl, either in one of the endless graph paper notebooks D&D players seem to have around the house, or online?

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
It's tempting.

Speaking of Dyson, he's also thrown his hat in the ring to do a Dyson's Delve 2 for this. Although he's expressed skepticism whether he'll have time to actually follow through all the way on top of his regular work. Still, I like the original Dyson's Delve quite a bit, so I look forward to seeing what he does.

Remove ads