D&D Movie/TV Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves At San Diego Comic-Con

Attendees of San Diego Comic-Con this year will be able to immerse themselves in a 'Tavern Experience' promoting the upcoming D&D movie, Honor Among Thieves, IGN reports. It will be a 20-minute experience in which you can interact with D&D critters and characters. Additionally, guests can try both alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions of 'Dragon Brew'. Additionally, on Thursday July 21st...

Attendees of San Diego Comic-Con this year will be able to immerse themselves in a 'Tavern Experience' promoting the upcoming D&D movie, Honor Among Thieves, IGN reports. It will be a 20-minute experience in which you can interact with D&D critters and characters. Additionally, guests can try both alcoholic and non-alcoholic versions of 'Dragon Brew'.

Additionally, on Thursday July 21st, during the convention, the films cast will be on stage and fans will get a sneak peek at the movie, which is due out next year.

Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves includes in its cast Chris Pine, Hugh Grant, Michelle Rodriguez, Regé-Jean Page, and more.

78B046E1-0EDF-4583-9D0F-93122BE2295E.jpeg

I mean, if you're going to do some kind of post-credits thing its either something like that or having Elminster show up to ask the main character to join his team, and I really hope they don't go that route.

One particularly refreshing thing about Top Gun, among many, is that it has no post credit scene, I stayed for all the credits to make sure.

I don't think Elminster would do that, a promenent Harper Agent yes or even Laerel Silverhand yes, but Elminster let's others do the recruiting.

One particularly refreshing thing about Top Gun, among many, is that it has no post credit scene, I stayed for all the credits to make sure.
Yes, it would be good to get away from this sort of hook. I would like to see it established early on that a movie in the D&D franchise does not need to feature the same characters, locations or tone as any of the other movies.
I don't think Elminster would do that, a promenent Harper Agent yes or even Laerel Silverhand yes, but Elminster let's others do the recruiting.
I'm pretty sure it was a joke. But I would like to see the death of MCU style cameos. The novelty has well and truly worn off.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads