D&D Movie/TV Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves could change D&D forever

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I understand the Dracula comparisons that would be made with Strahd, but I would say I said using Strahd the villain had potential, not an adaptation of Ravenloft or Curse of Strahd. I get that so much of his personality is tied into that back story, but using Strahd in a new twist on the Dracula/vampire trope, and done in a D&D setting could be good, but it would have to be done carefully.
Even then, the first season of Vox Machina did a really good job of a not-Dracula vampire villain.

I think a D&D film or TV show would be better off showing us something the general audience hadn't seen before, like a lich, rather than a vampire. We'll see how corpse-like you know who is in this movie; the first glimpses just make him look unhealthy, not like an actual corpse animated by magic, so there's still room for a straight-up skeletal lich in future works.

Clint_L

Hero
Even then, the first season of Vox Machina did a really good job of a not-Dracula vampire villain.

I think a D&D film or TV show would be better off showing us something the general audience hadn't seen before, like a lich, rather than a vampire. We'll see how corpse-like you know who is in this movie; the first glimpses just make him look unhealthy, not like an actual corpse animated by magic, so there's still room for a straight-up skeletal lich in future works.
Vox Machina is building up towards their showdown with The Whispered One (non-TM Vecna), so if Hasbro doesn't get on top of things, CR will scoop them again.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Vox Machina is building up towards their showdown with The Whispered One (non-TM Vecna), so if Hasbro doesn't get on top of things, CR will scoop them again.
Critical Role is going to have two different animated series on streaming before WotC gets their first TV show on a streamer.

And knowing Hasbro, it'll be on Roku TV or something else very few people watch.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases