Dungeonscape Answers

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Pants said:
Makes part of a spell do special 'City Damage' because of some special urban power.... thing. I dunno, it's pretty out there. :confused:
I think city damage is when a building falls on you. Anyways, thanks.

I'm looking forward to Dungeonscape. I remember Rich Burlew discussing how he needed to write stats for "lard" for it.

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Pants said:
Makes part of a spell do special 'City Damage' because of some special urban power.... thing. I dunno, it's pretty out there. :confused:

How much of this book was inspired by The Authority's Jack Hawksmoor?

Cheers,
Cam

Ranes

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
Sorry to hijack -- what does City Magic do?

It's a metamagic feat. A spell that does any kind of energy damage can be modified, so that half of that damage becomes 'city damage', thereby bypassing resistances and immunities. The spell must be cast in an urban area larger than a small town. There are other considerations, such as CL but I don't think I should effectively reprint the feat.

I will have to wait until Monday at the earliest before I can buy Dungeonscape but not to worry; plenty of time to incorporate it into my next campaign. :)

Particle_Man

Explorer
Razz said:
LA +0, CR stays the same too. Probably because most of the creature's abilities remains similar, despite the size decrease, since it receives Endurance and Improved Natural Attack feat for all its natural weapons for free and gains +4 Str and +4 Con. They also get +2 bonus to save against disease and poison, but any modifiers to Hide and Move Silently when in a specified terrain only apply in dungeons/underground. Fly maneuverability improves one step.

This may give small paladins a boost in special mounts they can take into a dungeon. A dungeonbred heavy warhorse!

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Particle_Man said:
This may give small paladins a boost in special mounts they can take into a dungeon. A dungeonbred heavy warhorse!
So would just making their mount a "riding" dog that they don't ride. Having a celestial hound companion solves the problem nicely.

Pants

First Post
Piratecat said:
I think city damage is when a building falls on you. Anyways, thanks.
Kinda makes me think of casting a fireball spell that suddenly turns into a broken door and a bag of garbage. :D

Henry

Autoexreginated
OK, first of all: City Damage... what the?!?!?! :eek:

Second, Razz, can you give a brief rundown of the 'why' of a Factotum class that they came up with? Just describing the mechanics, they sound like a flavorless "dungeon delver" class with lots of racked-up abilities, but no reasoning that would tie them together.

Remove ads