• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Dying to Know

Irda Ranger

First Post
Jack Colby said:
I thought there was no negative HP counting anymore?
Your HP don't fall spontaneously, but if you're damaged by an attack you still keep track of that. If your HP falls to "negative Bloodied", you die, even if you haven't failed three Saves vs. Death yet.

Irda Ranger

First Post
Kitirat said:
The DDxp pregen heals 2 with sacred flame, he is used probably 4/1 so far, just a far superior character in my player oppinion.

4 works well for me as well.
Sacred Flame heals HP equal to your CHA bonus (including the +1/2 level). The half-elf Pregen has a 16 Cha, so +3 at 1st level, +4 at 2nd, etc.

DreamChaser

Explorer
Jack Colby said:
I thought there was no negative HP counting anymore?

There's no negative hit point "tax" on healing. You still need to count to find out if you definitively die at -(bloodied). Alternately, being "negative" for too long can cause you to die as well.

Any healing though, even if you're at -85 HP, starts from 0.

DC

Kitirat

First Post
DreamChaser said:
There's no negative hit point "tax" on healing. You still need to count to find out if you definitively die at -(bloodied). Alternately, being "negative" for too long can cause you to die as well.

Any healing though, even if you're at -85 HP, starts from 0.

DC
Bump, looking for anyone who might have an offical response.

Enoch

Explorer
There was an official response from some WotC guy that the KotS rules for dying were incorrect.

A natural 20 lets you use a healing surge (which of course means you are now at a quarter of your hitpoints since healing starts from 0).

I went back 20 pages but couldn't find the thread I read that in. Gah!

-Joshua

Last edited:

Kitirat

First Post
Enoch said:
There was an official response from some WotC guy that the KotS rules for dying were incorrect.

A natural 20 lets you use a healing surge (which of course means you are now at a quarter of your hitpoints since healing starts from 0).

I went back 20 pages but couldn't find the thread I read that in. Gah!

-Joshua

That is great news. IMO that is one of the best things in 4th so far. As it gives players whose characters are down hope and keeps them at the table.

Now if we could only get info on temp hit points (I'm guessing they do nothing to unconscious).

Kitirat

First Post
Dave Turner said:
A 20 hour session? Man, those were the days. ;)

How we do it.

We only get together once every 6-8 weeks since we are scattered across the state of FL. Then we get a weekend pass from the wives (or they play) and we have a blast.

See ya,
Ken

andrew

First Post
Kitirat said:
We only get together once every 6-8 weeks since we are scattered across the state of FL. Then we get a weekend pass from the wives (or they play) and we have a blast.

That's funny, I used to know a similar gaming group in Florida with a DM named Ken.

Are you the same Wilderness/Scars campaign Ken?

Remove ads