E2: The Secret of Gemhold [Patlin Judging]

SlagMortar

First Post
Gorefoot said:
When Nars mentions his clan possibly being interested, Gorefoot brightens just a little. "That would be great! No one would think of messing with your people. Do you really think they'd be interested Nars?"
Nars breathes a sigh of relief that Gorefoot is not offended by the thought of dwarves mining his ancestral home. Nars can only imagine how poorly, perhaps violently, some of his own clan would react if the situation were reversed. In the end though, it does make good sense. He responds, "I, er, think so. The wealth of, ah, Gemhold is, er, well known. I'm sure, er, well, I think, ah, enough would want to, ah, take the chance."

Regarding strategy, Nars says:
"I can, er, scout, ah, a little, though probably not, er, as well as the, er, nomads. If only, er, Sir Ishmael were with us. He, ah, always had a plan." That may or may not be true, but Nars has such fond memories of Sir Ishmael that the halfling could surely do no wrong.

Erekose13

Explorer
"We have 20 strong warriors who may be able to help, in addition my apprentice, Jaelena will be able to add spiritual support to your cause. I only hope that it is enough. They can be ready tomorrow after those who are out scouting return and have rested." says the Speaker after Nars and Gorefoot have finished their discussion.

"My companion has returned to the Queen to inform her of your intentions. We will have to wait for his return to know her will. I am to stay with you as your guide and will lend my sword for as long as I am able." replies the Thorn.

Manzanita

First Post
"Well. " says Percy. "Twenty strong warriors. That's quite a few." Percy looks around for the others.

"I've never fought in a big army battle thingie, but I would think we have two options. We could start now, scouting the hold out. Killing any goblins we can find. Weakening their defenses. See how it goes. Maybe we can retake the hold in time, even without more help from the Queen."

"This would give us away, though. The other option is to wait until the Queen has given us what she can. Perhaps a faerie or nomad even has experience leading a small army to attack. We could wait until we're at full strength, then try to take the hold in one swift blow."

Personally
." Percy puts down her brush, and shakes out her long strawberry-blond hair, "I'd rather hit them tonight."

Velmont

First Post
"I don't remember any of my green cousin being great general, but even disorganized, if they are four against 1, they might gives us a lot of trouble. As Russna says, knowledge is power, so knowing as much as we can on the difficulty we have in front of us can only help us." replies Ridik

Erekose13

Explorer
"The hold is about 2 days from here through the forest. I can provide you with guides if you wish to scout it out, though our friend from the Queen here can help with that too. Cenerieth and Moranion will be able to lead our warriors in battle once they have an idea of the overall strategy. I'm afraid that my people have not had any experience with battles of this scale either and would not be suited leading the entire assault." replies the Speaker. "We could call upon the spirits to provide you with some advice in that area though, should that proove prudent."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Strike swiftly," the half-orc says, in agreement with those supporting immediate scouting and, more importantly, killing any opposition encountered.

Manzanita

First Post
"So, it sounds like we should scout it out while you nomads and fey marshal your forces. As to whether we should attack, well, it might well be hard to resist once we've seen them. But we'll have to wing it." Says Percy.

Erekose13

Explorer
"Agreed then. I'll leave you in the capable hands of the thorn here while we marshall our warriors. When you return we will be ready to assist you. If you need, please rest here tonight." the Speaker replies. The thorn for his part nods and accepts the task at hand.

Manzanita

First Post
"Maybe we could meet you closer to the hold. We won't know when to come back. Is there a landmark where we could meet you?"

"In any case, we'll be off. Let's go burn some goblin-butt!"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases