• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[e20 PF] And with strange aeons...

WarlockLord

First Post
"Ah, Thorn. You never did accept my offer. I see you still have a flair for the dramatic entrance.

As for this talisman, allow me to state simply that it has certain undesirable..side effects. Little things. Such as the wearer being possessed by demons. Not my personal cup of tea. And I do require - as much as I despise admitting this - your help. After all, I do recall helping a certain band of adventurers battle a githyanki invasion, even after said adventurers destroyed my fortress, killed my men, and ruined the ritual of ascension. I seriously doubt you all can handle this enemy alone, and even if I confronted your party weakened I would be seriously outnumbered. Do you all have any more pointless accusations or threats? I tire of your bluster and they achieve nothing."

The necromancer notices the irritated elf wizard in the corner. I doubt even a meteor swarm could penetrate that ego. Admittedly though, I have my own moments.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"This greater evil, be it of this plane? is it of your realm of the unliving? what can you tell us of this force to be reconed with. i would rather not see the good folk harresed or hurt in any way."

jackslate45

First Post
Xanfire felt a little weird after being complimented by Malacarus. However, that was not the important matter at hand. Something did not add up. How had he known about this being when Thadeius had not known? Could this be why Iomedae has long been quiet to him?

Should Malacarus be believed? He has come up with far better lies before... But is it worth the possibility of thousands of innocent people getting hurt? How can we tell if he is lying?!

"Malacarus. I have a few questions I want you to answer. If you can answer them well enough, I will listen to your full story."

WarlockLord

First Post
Malacarus turns towards the ranger, suddenly growing serious. "This creature of which I speak is a man, possessed by a great and terrible entity from the void beyond worlds. He is extremely potent, unpredictably insane, and possesses strange and dangerous powers."

He turns to Xanfire. "Pose your questions, priest. I do not fear answering."

jackslate45

First Post
Malacarus turns towards the ranger, suddenly growing serious. "This creature of which I speak is a man, possessed by a great and terrible entity from the void beyond worlds. He is extremely potent, unpredictably insane, and possesses strange and dangerous powers."

He turns to Xanfire. "Pose your questions, priest. I do not fear answering."

Xanfire starred at Malacarus for a while before finally asking "Well then, the first question I have is who is the man? You seem to know alot about him. What details can you give him?"

Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
Xanfire starred at Malacarus for a while before finally asking "Well then, the first question I have is who is the man? You seem to know alot about him. What details can you give him?"

"The man I speak of claims to be some sort of prophet of these beings beyond the stars. I attempted to engage him but was overmatched. I was barely able to escape with my life. He calls himself Akan, and his followers have styled him the Voice of the Endbringer. I do not believe my empire can contain any longer, and it is only a matter of time before he opens a gate to bring in something truly dangerous he cannot control," replies the drow evenly. "Any other questions?"

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Thadeius leans back forming his fingers into a pyramid before him and peering at the drow over it.

"What actions do you propose we take Malacarus?" It goes without saying that any suggestion will be met by a healthy dose of suspicion, an elaborate trap hardly being uncharacteristic for the treacherous drow.

WarlockLord

First Post
"I propose we join forces temporarily to combat this greatest threat. With my mighty spellcasting abilities and your various strengths, we may just be able to match the strength of this self-styled prophet. I am in deadly earnest here. He is a threat to all that lives on this planet," replies the drow. "From there we could sow dissent amongst his followers, then when he is busy dealing with internal rebellion strike him down while he is busy. Together we can deal with any creatures he summons. His magic is alien and has spells I doubt even you could defeat", he says with a nod at Thadeius, "and it would give you an excellent boost to your reputation as the Counterspeller if you could defeat him." His ego will not let him decline such a challenge.

Shayuri

First Post
"Better idea," Thorn says. "Let me scout it out first. If he's half of what Malacarus says he is, he'll be making all kinds of waves. I'll find him, get close and take a look, then come back. That way we know for sure what we're getting into."

jackslate45

First Post
"Join with us?" Xanfire looks at Malacarus, as though looking through him, as though he had just lied. I do not see any hint of a lie so far...

"You mentioned that there is a talisman. Explain more about it. "

Depending on what this talisman does determines my followup question...

[sblock=Note]
Xanfire would be actively trying to sense motive, kind of reading for body language tells. I guess with a +23 Sense Motive not much would get by him.
[/sblock]

Edit: Looking at Thorn, Xanfire sounds worried. "You sure?"

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads