• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[e20 PF] And with strange aeons...

fireinthedust

Explorer
A fly enters the room through one of the windows, flitting past Thaddeius and landing in the middle of the table.

Were this a land-based fortress, this would be un-extraordinary: after all, the world is a stinking mire of insects and disease, and even the courts of emperors have little defense against lice and fleas.

Yet it is not an earthly fortress, and high enough in the sky that insects simply do not come there.

As it lands, the fly speaks in a deep, rasping voice. Greetings, highly honored and esteemed doomed ones. I am the voice of my master and I bring glad tidings of your destruction.

The fly expands suddenly into a pumpkin-sized head made of twisted black metal or chitinous armor in the shape of a crown. Numerous tendril-like legs support its weight. Three pale white mouths filled with sharp fangs stick out near the bottom, each on a side surrounding it. The mouths are utterly white, though black slime leaks out of the orifices as saliva. As it speaks, each of the mouths take turns saying part of each sentence; when not speaking, the other mouths open and close or lick their lips.

A reward for delivering this most wayward servant to my masters most horrific punishment. Rejoice that your deaths are at hand, in most profound agony, for the master slakes a most vile hunger upon the death throes of this world.

The... thing seems to bow each of its heads in a salute to your band, before its spidery legs propel it across the table towards Malacarus.

jackslate45

First Post
Xanfire could hardly believe what was happening, but had no time to think.

SANCTUARY!
he yells, at the top of his lungs. A golden aura flows from him, and envelopes all those present. A feeling of protection can be felt. Though those of the Broken Eagles know of this power, Malacarus remembers how hard it was to fight this spell once activated.

[sblock=dm]
Init I am guessing?

Standard Action: Sanctuary Aura Activated. In order to attack any ally within 30' of me, target must make a 30 Will Save or lose action for as long as I sustain aura. Ally loses this aura once they attack. Aura auto ends once I attack
Move Action: draw Magic's Bane from holster
[/sblock]

Lughart

First Post
Gerhard draws Phantoms bane, the sword forged to fight Malacarus and his minions. He sends it smashing into the table, nearly chopping the wood in half right in front of the creature and preventing it from crawling any further.

"The dark elf was not done talking!" he yells at it, his face contorting in fury. He calms himself down before continuing. "Keep it civil or there will be blood."

[sblock=OOC]Move action: draw weapon
Standard action: intimidate check.

If we go into combat this is my first turn.[/sblock]

WarlockLord

First Post
Malacarus for the first time looks alarmed. If only this pack of fools had left me unchained...then again I am a necromancer. I note that for once that sword is not pointed in my direction. "Could one of you kindly remove these chains? It seems our mutual enemy has decided to show himself."

[sblock=ooc]
If combat (actual, damage-dealing, sword-swinging combat) begins, Malacarus will try to get off a quickened enervation and then follow up with a flesh to stone (DC 27. If he can't cast spells in these chains, then he is well and truly screwed.

Also, because he (presumably)doesn't have his staff, he needs to make a concentration check (DC 28 for the enervation, 26 for the flesh to stone). If he can somehow reach his staff he will grab it first.

If spell resistance is an issue he has +25 to penetrate. (I'm assuming none of this will go off, but just in case...)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Thadeius's intellect out paces his body as usual and he begins searching his memory for anything that might relate to this peculiar entity and it's abilities.

[sblock=Knowledge]
I'm assuming this falls under either, Arcana +36, Dungeoneering +21, Religion +30, or the Planes +30. So please add the appropriate modifier to my roll.[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The human Ranger, Hedron Longarrow stands with an un-natural grace and speed, his bow in his hands faster then humanly possible. His medium brown tunic billows out with his movement.

ooc: is this considered an evil outsider here? if so, that is one of my fav enemies.

[sblock=favored enemy] a +4 bonus on Bluff, Knowledge, Perception, Sense
Motive, and Survival checks against creatures of his selected
type. Likewise, he gets a +4 bonus on weapon attack and
damage rolls against them. A ranger may make Knowledge
skill check [/sblock]

and hunter's bond with allies may apply

Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
His eyes fixed at the revolting creature on the table, Gerhard answers Malacarus' request with a simple "no".

Malacarus rolls his eyes. "Very well. I suppose I deserve this after that whole domination incident."

[sblock=dm]
Not sure if I have to make a knowledge check, but if I do my modifiers are Knowledge (arcana) +33, Knowledge (religion) +33, Knowledge (Planes) +30, Knowledge (nature) +24, Knowledge (history) +31 (headband), Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +31. [/sblock]

fireinthedust

Explorer
When the Sanctuary spell goes up, the creature frowns; the three mouths are huge compared to the size of its body, and the disgust is plainly evident upon its face.

Though the sword goes down into the table in front of it, it simply turns away and walks back to the spot where it started from.

What rudeness is this, to show the emissary of your glorious destructions? The devourer of souls wishes only to show his gratitude for you serice, and accept your gift, yet you seek to bar that will with petty light "magick"?

[sblock=Thadeius & Malacarus/knowledge checks] You can both confidently tell that you have no idea what this creature is. Nothing, and I mean *nothing* you have read or seen or speculated on fits this description. It could be some form of evil outsider, possibly lawful (due ot the "service" talk), possibly chaotic (due to the "destroy everything" talk). Rovagug springs to mind, but its servants are never "elocutious with this proficiency". Maybe a servant of demon princes or archdukes of hell...? Then again, the level of manufacture apparent in the metal makes you think it may be a highly sophisticated construct(?)...with fleshy mouths and saliva? Perhaps, still, some form of undead, its lips and fangs reminiscent of a vampire, its status of being a disembodied head remeniscent of a vargoulle...

At best: you've heard vague stories aobut the ancient Osirions and their incredibly vast empire which seemed to form almost over night; the Osirions, who built black-metal pyramids of adamantine, magical tombs that drew power from creatures reputed to be more powerful than the deities of Golarion; that wander beyond the edges of the light of the stars far away. This was before those ancients fell to the ravages of time. Yet rumour among mages is that the Osirions merely drew such insignificant power from these beings (if they were real) that it went unnoticed; for if those creatures had ever taken notice they would crush Golarion, and even the deities themselves.

The head's covering is made of adamantine plates that, while pitted and well mis-used, it still holds the look of powerfully-crafted magical armor, and likely it is physically *very* difficult to damage.

[sblock=malacarus] You don't know what this is, but you have a very good idea where it's from: some kind of "great old one" from that blasted dark tome, what that guy who conquered your kingdom was on about! You didn't see any of the creatures he claimed to serve, but you have a good idea that this is one of them.

This is bad. This is really, really bad. Even if you do kill it, that isn't the issue. The issue, maybe, is: what if *they* noticed you?[/sblock]

[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads