• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[e20 PF] And with strange aeons...

fireinthedust

Explorer
Generic magical bling. Whatever you can afford with the money taken.

As for time spent: how long do you want to take? This is your playground here.

Thorn/Gerhardt/Hedron: haven't heard from you three. Who do you want to sell to? Any ideas? What do you want to buy?

Shayuri

First Post
Thorn leads the group through the twisting byways of the city to a narrow alley between nondescript buildings. The door in the alleyway opens to her touch, and she holds it open while the others pass through. The mages feel a barely perceptible discontinuity across the threshold. Wherever Thorn's house is, it isn't in an alley in that city.

The inside looked more like an inn's common room than a house. It was spacious, dominated by a large table along the far wall, with a large open firepit in the center. Directly over the firepit was a metal shutter that likely led to a chimney of some kind so that the worst of the smoke wouldn't stay inside. The floors and walls were stout wooden planks, and there were tapestries of subtle colors and patterns lining the walls. Not far from the firepit was an enclosure that likely served as a storage place for food and drink...it even had stools and a bar, like an inn would have. Several doors were scattered here and there over the walls, and a staircase led up to a second level.

Once the door they'd entered through was closed, Thorn took a deep breath and let it out.

"Alright, I think we should keep just enough of the stuff to do some experiments on, and figure out why it's so special that the Eye people are willing to pay so much. But in the meantime, we should sell it to them. I know you guys promised the dwarves some, but the Eye people are scary. The dwarf weaponsmiths...not so much. They won't be sending assassins after us in our sleep. The Unblinking Eye...I can kind of see that. We've got enough trouble on our hands without having to deal with them too."

"But it does look weird, so we need to find out why they want this stuff so badly."

Lughart

First Post
"Agreed. Our arsenals are powerful as it is, unless you miss some essentials we have more use for the gold. But your description of the Unblinking Eye concerns me. Did the theurges drop any clues to their interrest in these trinkets?"

Gerhards brow furrows as he talks, revealing genuine worry. "The last thing we need is more enemiers. In any case we should tread carefully around them, and that might mean selling them the metal."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"We can get what we want and what we need from the Unseeing Eye. None of us has the capability to study the metal further, otherwise we would have done it, no? I am no diviner, but even if I were divinations have already proven ineffective concerning our foe according to Malario here. If the Unseeing Eye pose some threat we will crush them. Let us get what we need and worry about the consequences later - they shurely cannot compare to our immediate concerns." Thadeius says impatiently, already considering what he will procure...

"Besides half of our fortunes have been taken from the corpses of powerful people who were trying to dispatch us, it never seems to work out well for them..."

Last edited:

WarlockLord

First Post
"I have no fear of the petty magics they wield, for should they oppose us I shall paint the walls with their blood. Nevertheless, I agree with Thud that we should avoid unnecessary conflict. You can only come up with so many ways to torture a fool before it all gets boring," states the drow calmly. "There are a few spells I'd like to acquire from them, however."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I lost no equipment, but there may be something i can use from them, If they have spells from the spirits of nature inscribed, perchance. As for tourture, I would say that you may want to re-consider that, if any of the victums of yours were to figurre you out. They may want to pay in kind."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads