E6: The Game Inside D&D (new revision)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ry

Explorer
Here's my two good ideas, but they're in their earliest, earliest stages. These are long term projects but will hopefully be a decent home for things I want to point people to.

I'd like to make an E6 setting out of online freebies. I think that's a great conversation piece, and mfrench's campaign is following essentially the same process. I reserved esix.pbwiki.com for the purpose of such a thing.

I'd also like to make a 100% OGC E6 setting. I reserved ogcesix.pbwiki.com for that purpose, but it will take a while before I get all the material I've written for it into place.

Dragonblade275

First Post
Thanks, anyway, Ryan.

Though, the idea that the standard XP for level 7 would be needed to become a Gestalt Wizard6/Fighter1 would be good. That way, it caosts more to gestalt than to buy a feat.

Did you just abandon it becuase the players weren't using it? Or, were there other issues?

Ry

Explorer
There were several options in the system at one point; you could use xp to buy up BAB to +6, to increase stats 1 point at a time at 500*new stat level, and buying off level adjustment with XP. For a while we were even trying to price all the different class features to break it down further. I can't honestly remember what particular moment lead to us abandoning it, but the main thrust was that everyone shied away from the other system and went straight for easily-approachable feats.

Ry

Explorer
I remember that the uneven gestalt thing created a lot of questions, like, what do you do when you gain a HD in the second class that's better than the one in the first class? There are answers but it bogged down in a bunch of rules to handle those situations.

Dragonblade275

First Post
Thanks, Ryan.

I didn't even consider the HD issue. For me, it probably wasn't that big of an issue because our group uses a fixed number of HP for each level (usually max HP). So, the Wizard6 who gestalts into Wizard6/Fighter1 would lose 4hp and gain 10hp.

I can understand the difficulties that would be present when HP are rolled, though. I'd imagine that you'd need to roll to see how many HP your character lost and then roll to see how many your character gained from the new class (if the HD type was bigger for the new class).

I agree that there are answers and that some of them might be complicated.

Come to think of it, I didn't even think of what would happen with skill points, either. Ahh... The ripple effect of changing one seemingly simplistic thing!

TinSoldier

First Post
This looks very interesting... I followed MrNexx's link from snotling.org.

I've never played a game past the early levels though, but I've read a lot about the difficulties of playing higher levels.

Ry

Explorer
Welcome TinSoldier!

To all: The .pdf I was talking about is available at both wikis now.

Ry

Explorer
One thing that's striking me is how much free material there is out there that's really aimed at lower-level characters. The E6 Free Stuff setting could be a lot easier to put together than I thought.

Nifelhein

First Post
mfrench said:
Nifelhein:

I tried to download yours, but when I opened it, I got an error. Perhaps the problem is on my end, but maybe not. Anyone else have problems?

Should work with Adobe Reader v7 or above. I tried opening the attached file and it worked for me just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads