• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

E6: The Game Inside D&D

Thaniel

First Post
I thought I'd ask in here since E6 discussion is where I first saw the link. There was some website written up that showed how everyone on Earth is at best 5th level (and that's the top of the top of the top). Anyone know that link?

Slife

First Post
Thaniel said:
I thought I'd ask in here since E6 discussion is where I first saw the link. There was some website written up that showed how everyone on Earth is at best 5th level (and that's the top of the top of the top). Anyone know that link?
I seriously doubt that.

Disguise has a -25 modifier to "Change height and/or weight 11% to 25%". A fat suit is a masterwork tool for increasing your apparent weight, so at maximum you get a +2 circumstance bonus from it. Thus, anybody who can convincingly look like they weigh more than they do while wearing a fat suit has to have at least 15 ranks in disguise, 5 ranks in bluff, skill focus(disguise) and the deceitful feat.

This assumes, of course, that nobody else has any ranks in spot.

ruleslawyer

Where's that rule about Disguise? I can't find it anywhere.

The article that Thaniel is referencing does make some pretty compelling arguments about how skills in D&D stack up against skills in the real world. Just my 2 cents.

Imp

First Post
The rule on Disguise is, of course, an epic skill use, as the thick coating of fail plastered over it should clearly denote.

Epic rogues walk among us.

Attachments

• amd_juno_page.jpg
    amd_juno_page.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 219

Azurecobalt

Explorer
A friend of mine is starting an E6 campaign that will incorporate psionics (Expanded Psionics Handbook and Complete Psionic) as well as standard 3.5 stuff. Here's my question:

Someone has posted capstone feats for the various PHB classes (to encourage players to take all six levels when that's sometimes not advantageous, such as the Barbarian). What would some good capstone feats be for the various psionic classes?

Thanks!

Nytmare

David Jose
Azurecobalt said:
What would some good capstone feats be for the various psionic classes?
This is straight guesswork on my part since I've never actually played with 3rd Ed psionics, and I only have the Psionincs Handbook, but my gut feeling is that they would grab one extra psionic combat mode for going straight 6 in either Psion or Psychic Warrior.

I'm assuming that there are other core Psionic classes somewhere, yes?

doghead

thotd
I'm about to start a pbp game here that is loosely E9'ish. As the characters are 2nd level, its not going to have much impact on the game. Mostly it is guide for me for the NPC characters.

I liked JA's article. It really helped me adjust my perceptions so that I wasn't fighting the system so much. I've edged the upper limit up a little to give the characters a bit more room for growth. In short, the article helped me settle on the lower levels as my 'sweet spot'. E6 provides a nice way to do this.

doghead
aka thotd

Asurya

First Post
quote Nytmare: This is straight guesswork on my part since I've never actually played with 3rd Ed psionics, and I only have the Psionincs Handbook, but my gut feeling is that they would grab one extra psionic combat mode for going straight 6 in either Psion or Psychic Warrior.

but the (horrible) system of combat mode has disappeared in the golden XPH!

@Azurecobalt: I think the power increase is already managed via Overchannel (and Talented), and some have spotted a loophole using Psionic body and then going Psionic talent all the way (thus increasing PP/day exponentially and HP linearly to an extent Toughness user only can match)... and provided a patch for that.
As for the Wizard, I think giving them a single 4th power, perhaps with more limitation (but less so than the std way, i.e. Incantations) will do.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Wow...I can't believe that I missed out on this thread for so long. Just from reading the intro and the two .PDF files that came with it, I can see already that this will be the baseline from which all future house rules will be measured. :)

This is absolutely brilliant.

I am running an online 3.5E game right now with my "main" gaming group, and everyone is high level and loving it. When that campaign closes (probably in another year), the characters will be around 25th level or so. It is a lot of fun, but there are times when it feels a lot like playing Quake in god mode. Fun for them, but a lot of work for me.

Well, this weekend I am going to start gaming with a second group of folks here in town, and I am totally going to pitch this system to the group. It sounds like everything we have been looking for: memorable encounters, sensible power levels, lots of feats, lots of Awesome. I'll check back in every now and then to let you know how things are going.

Remove ads