D&D 5E Easter Eggs in 5E

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Not sure if they count as Easter eggs, but I like the disclaimers on the credit page in each of the books.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I'd count many of the material components for spells.

Like minor illusion is a bit of fleece because "you pull the wool over their eyes." :)

A lot of these were present before 4e, but 5e has brought them back and they are little bits of awesome.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
The sketches in the Monster Manual index are cute, but I'm not sure what all of them are.

1. A bulette surprising a shepherd and two goats.
2. A troll searching for its nearby severed head.
3. A medium-sized gold (?) dragon sitting on a prone woman.
4. An adventurer poking a flumph with a ten foot pole.
5. An animated rug attacking someone by wrapping them up.
6. A minotaur looking over a man's shoulder at a parchment, presumably a map.
7. A man (Mirt the Moneylender?) looking at his nude doppleganger (?) in a bush.
8. An otyugh under an outhouse.

PnPgamer

Explorer
Doesnt count as an easter egg but each class has its own symbol at the top corner of starting page of respective class description. Smells like a computer mmo.
Fun little detail nevertheless.

Beleriphon

Totally Awesome Pirate Brain
"Gaston" fighting a "beast" (werewolf) in the MM

Really? I thought it was Captain Marvel (or Shazam if you like).

In the Trinket list 23 is the orb that is oh so important from Planescape: Tormet and 26 is the bag of teeth Morte can use as a weapon.

Also, has anybody tried to play the music shown on pg161 of the PHB yet? I'm afraid I don't read sheet music so I'm stuck on that one.

Last edited:

JWO

First Post
Trinket #45 - "A tiny chest carved to look like it has numerous feet on the bottom" is from the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett.

Remove ads